PO: Underoath - The Changing of Times / They're Only Chasing Safety - Out 10/2

I'm sure you are probably right... but in my experience dealing with indie labels, it's not uncommon for new bands to get signed for 5-7 thousand dollars, including recording, marketing, tour support, etc. So $1000 can go a long way. but whether they do it for the cash or for the cool factor, the point is.... DO IT.

Tooth & Nail isn't an "indie label" though. They're 50% owned by EMI. Their contracts are probably either royalty based (so they can screw their bands out of ever getting paid from record sales, Victory-style), or fancy-pants 360 deals where they get a big advance (more than 5K for sure) in exchange for signing over all their rights to everything. T&N may have started on handshake deals and a love of music, but it's big business now.

Tooth & Nail isn't an "indie label" though. They're 50% owned by EMI. Their contracts are probably either royalty based (so they can screw their bands out of ever getting paid from record sales, Victory-style), or fancy-pants 360 deals where they get a big advance (more than 5K for sure) in exchange for signing over all their rights to everything. T&N may have started on handshake deals and a love of music, but it's big business now.

good point... I just want some damn ACB wax haha

would rather see the chariot back catalog pressed way before any of the other records being discussed here.

Every Chariot song sounds exactly the same. Don't get me wrong, I like The Chariot, and god do they play an intense show, but I'd much rather see some Showbread, ACB, or He Is Legend.

they just changed the wording...

so i'm guessing it's a slip mat.

Fuck.

I cancelled my src order for The Changing Of Times (I missed TOCS) and bought the 2 Lp bundle with shirt and mystery 12' because I figured it was a store exclusive like that remix 10" that came with the last album pre-orders. Fuck you Merchline. I need a slip mat because i don;t have one, but the mystery LP was the big reason I bought the bundle. I guess I at least got both albums which makes me feel a little better about it...

Every Chariot song sounds exactly the same. Don't get me wrong, I like The Chariot, and god do they play an intense show, but I'd much rather see some Showbread, ACB, or He Is Legend.

Really? I think each chariot album has brought a different twist to their music and all sound unique. But thats me. A huge Chariot fan. Long Live.

truth:(