Tired of splatters and gimmicks.

moonbeams

Maybe I should have added that back then was when I started to buy records. Fifteen years later, that stuff is played out and lame. Give me high quality audiophile pressings over limited, tour only, etched b-side nonsense.

Just out of curiosity, you graduated in 2005, right? It's 2012, how the hell have you been collecting for 15 years?

Just out of curiosity, you graduated in 2005, right? It's 2012, how the hell have you been collecting for 15 years?

When I was a kid my dad gave me all of his records along with his old turntable and stereo. Granted, it was a lot of beat up hair metal, but that's how I started. I didn't start buying my own stuff until my early teenage years. So yeah, I could have clarified that I have owned stuff for that long, but have been buying for a few years less.

I always appreciate when a lot of care goes into the entire physical product, the quality of the paper, art, design, vinyl color. Every detail that makes the package a well thought out piece of work. If I didn't care about any of that, I'd probably just buy music digitally.

Fuck! This thread sucks.

You know what I like? Records! Don't give a shit about color, cover, vinyl thickness. If I can put it on my turntable and listen to some great tunes, I'm happy. If those tunes happen to be on a more limited color of vinyl, that's a small bonus, but in no way a deal breaker. Colored vinyl is cool; black vinyl is cool; records are cool.

I always appreciate when a lot of care goes into the entire physical product, the quality of the paper, art, design, vinyl color. Every detail that makes the package a well thought out piece of work. If I didn't care about any of that, I'd probably just buy music digitally.

i always appreciate when the record sounds really good and is mastered correctly. i also appreciate when they're fairly priced. i don't appreciate when labels get hung up on making it look nice to justify a $20 price tag for a single LP.

i always appreciate when the record sounds really good and is mastered correctly. i also appreciate when they're fairly priced. i don't appreciate when labels get hung up on making it look nice to justify a $20 price tag for a single LP.

I'd rather pay $20 bucks for a single LP if I feel that my money is going towards the enhanced packaging of the record (and not into someone's pocket) than $12 bucks if its in a ross ellis 2 panel jacket with waterbase coating.

I think a lot of record collectors have that collectors bug in them. Like when I was younger I collected trading cards and later got into collecting first edition books. So I think that's why a lot of people enjoy variants. It's just a fun hobby. Something to keep you busy and always on the hunt.

I'd rather pay $20 bucks for a single LP if I feel that my money is going towards the enhanced packaging of the record (and not into someone's pocket) than $12 bucks if its in a ross ellis 2 panel jacket with waterbase coating.

even if it sounds like shit and was mastered from the cd by a computer?

even if it sounds like shit and was mastered from the cd by a computer?

Of course not, but I haven't had that issue too often.

Usually if the label cares enough about the print they do about the actual audio quality as well. Usually. I guess people can take a shit in a box and mark it guaranteed (if they have spare time) though.

But then Victory comes along with records that are cheap but look and sound like turds. So I guess there is no real formula.