The Weeknd - Balloons Trilogy

3arl

Guest tms2787

I was not amused at the changes some of the tracks had on the official release, so that set my cap under the $100 mark, haha.

I was not amused at the changes some of the tracks had on the official release, so that set my cap under the $100 mark, haha.

Haven't heard the official release.  What changes were made? I'm going to be pissed if I do get this, and House of Balloons is tweaked in anyway. 

Care to elaborate? It's obvious you know already. That's like a patient asking a doctor if they have a disease and the doctor saying "prepare to be pissed then" and then walking out of the room.

He wasn't able to get the Aaliyah sample on "What You Need" cleared. Other than that the production is a bit more hard-hitting. The changes are pretty subtle, but yeah it's annoying when you've loved something and listened to it a lot only to have the retail release be different.

He wasn't able to get the Aaliyah sample on "What You Need" cleared. Other than that the production is a bit more hard-hitting. The changes are pretty subtle, but yeah it's annoying when you've loved something and listened to it a lot only to have the retail release be different.

All three albums were re-mastered. Personally, I think the remaster did a lot for the mixes.

All three albums were re-mastered. Personally, I think the remaster did a lot for the mixes.

I thought the mixtapes sounded great as is. I think the mastering was more subtle and atmospheric in a way that made the tracks feel kinda.... grimey. Thats really what he was going for in the first place but I'm pretty happy with the Trilogy release as well. Just stoked to hopefully own this