PayPal eCheck + Discogs

I received a new order on Discogs. New buyer, totally fresh account made a few days ago. Before I even sent an invoice I made sure to see if this guy had a buyer rating. Apparently not. I went ahead and sent him an invoice.

I get a payment that is pending because he used PayPal eCheck. I've gone through this situation before on eBay, where the buyer was also brand new and paid with PayPal eCheck. The funds didn't go through so I proceeded to email the buyer to ask what's up. Apparently, he said gave some bullshit excuse so I filed a claim. It was really a waste of time for me and I really needed money at the time from the item I was selling.

I want to know if anyone's dealt with Discogs buyers who have used PayPal eCheck. Any success/failure? I don't want to go through this again.

I've gotten a few eCheck orders over the years...maybe get 1 or 2 a year, usually from the same person...I think it's just a weird option.

That's what I thought, weird option, since there is already one where you can link your bank/checking account to your PayPal for instant transfer.

I just sold my iPhone 4s on eBay ($330) and got an eCheck... i'm a little worried, but once it's cleared into my paypal it's no different than a normal paypal payment, right?

Is the buyer a new eBay account? When my buyer's eCheck didn't go through, I had to wait another week for it to process. It was stupid because I know this guy wasn't gonna pay for the item/didn't have the funds/probably hacked someone's information on Paypal. But if it does go through, it just processes as a normal Paypal transaction and you can send your item.

I just got the e-mail today stating the payment was declined due to the buyer's bank.. new expected clear time is October 27th-November 2nd. I purposely had it listed as a short sale because I needed the money somewhat quickly. Am I wrong/an asshole for trying to cancel the transaction through eBay at this point?