Caspian-waking season

icecream

Wish they were coming here for this tour (plus I'd like to see Junius be able to do a full set without tech difficulties this time). I just got in my order from Merchdirect that included Waking Season, and it's the 180g black. I'm beginning to wonder if the black is really as limited as is claimed. Eh, doesn't matter, finally have all the Caspian studio albums.

Despite everyone being next door to see Desaparecidos and Joyce Manor there was still a decent crowd. Junius was amazing and Caspian was mind blowing. They ended the show with the drummer and bassist from Junius coming on stage with drum towards the end of the last song and then everyone from Caspian minus the bassist was playing drums. It was insane!

^^^^^^spoiler alert re: show ending above...unless someone else already posted on Facebook or somewhere else. It was an awesome ending with Sycamore, and the whole show being 'mind-blowing' is as about as good a description as any. No hype, one of my favorite shows ever... even going back to 70s Blue Oyster Cult/Black Sabbath, Rush, King Crimson or Peter Gabriel in the 1980s.... and recently Russian Circles/Marriages/Chelsea Wolfe

it's been too long since I've seen them, so pumped for them to play here. I think you.may.die.in.the.desert is playing with them as well, fuck, gonna be a solid night!

Jealous! say hi to the boys in YMDITD :)

^^^^^^spoiler alert re: show ending above...unless someone else already posted on Facebook or somewhere else. It was an awesome ending with Sycamore, and the whole show being 'mind-blowing' is as about as good a description as any. No hype, one of my favorite shows ever... even going back to 70s Blue Oyster Cult/Black Sabbath, Rush, King Crimson or Peter Gabriel in the 1980s.... and recently Russian Circles/Marriages/Chelsea Wolfe

I thought it was standard for them to end with Sycamore. Looks like they haven't been doing The Raven to Sycamore thing lately, which is a shame because I've always wanted to hear that.

I thought it was standard for them to end with Sycamore. Looks like they haven't been doing The Raven to Sycamore thing lately, which is a shame because I've always wanted to hear that.

The 'surprise ending' is that they ALL join in and play the drums during the cadence part at the very end, except the bassist, and Junius's drummer also joins in, robbing Joe of most of his drum kit...reminisicent of my days on the drum line in marching band/ drum-bugle corps.

Like you, I missed the Raven, as one of my favorites on Tertia-- well, I love the whole album tbh, prob top 20 albums of all time, but it was bloody perfect genius to open with Of Foam And Wave-- had never heard it as an opener in the middle of the record, and it was killer!  And they played Ghosts..., Malacoda, Concrescence, and Sycamore, so Tertia fans couldn't complain too much about missing The Raven. I asked Phil if they had played Brombie in a while, and he said no.  They only played Moksha off 4 Trees. Sometimes they play Some Are White Light, and of course, the Asa/Dove combination has been a perennial, but like the Trivium off YATC, maybe after 500 times and 800,000 miles of touring, they can give those tracks a breather.

The 'surprise ending' is that they ALL join in and play the drums during the cadence part at the very end, except the bassist, and Junius's drummer also joins in, robbing Joe of most of his drum kit...reminisicent of my days on the drum line in marching band/ drum-bugle corps

That sounds awesome. Reminds me of when Chris Brokaw came on as extra drummer for Mogwai during Mogwai Fear Satan to close out one of their shows.