Caspian-waking season

icecream

Tom, thanks for the great packing! All survived without a glitch, the color is nice and as pictured, and I hope to spin it this weekend, packing up orders  :)

The jackets are not quite as robust as the OG, but no seam splits or corner dings, as they were (thankfully) not sealed!

PMs are going out now...

Thanks Don, this was a really nice thing you did here for everyone.

The vinyl was cut from the original plates and at the same plant as the Triple Crown release, so there won't be any difference there.

The gatefolds we had to do closer to home to arrive in time for the tour. They're Japanese, and while feel thinner are still comparable, they're 380gsm (obviously not as heavy as the triple crown gatefolds), What happens with our jackets using the Japanese card stock is that they're the same weight as another jacket that's of equal weight, but appear thinner as the manufacturer binds the paper tighter to ensure stiffness, which is better suited to the weight of vinyl. Whereas Pirates Press jackets are the opposite, and while might feel thicker are quite soft - more likely to get corner dings, splits, etc.

OK, so everyone who pre-ordered this has been notified, but one person backed out apparently -- deleted our PM,  not responding to current PMs though he is logging into VC daily, and.... deleted his post in this thread - which I didn't quote, but wrote his handle down: "bfresh"

If anyone is interested in this extra copy or knows someone who might be, shoot me a PM - I don't feel like going through the past 5 pages again.

Thanks-

OK, so everyone who pre-ordered this has been notified, but one person backed out apparently -- deleted our PM, not responding to current PMs though he is logging into VC daily, and.... deleted his post in this thread - which I didn't quote, but wrote his handle down: "bfresh"

If anyone is interested in this extra copy or knows someone who might be, shoot me a PM - I don't feel like going through the past 5 pages again.

Thanks-

More like "bLAME" AMIRITE?!

OK, so everyone who pre-ordered this has been notified, but one person backed out apparently -- deleted our PM,  not responding to current PMs though he is logging into VC daily, and.... deleted his post in this thread - which I didn't quote, but wrote his handle down: "bfresh"

Thanks-

You're the man Don!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our Australian distributor informed me today of a small Interpunk import order for a lot of our catalog (including Waking Season).

These are very pricey imports exacerbated by poor exchange rates, but it might save you a few dollars instead of ordering from me direct if your keen before they all go.

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=222855

• 1 year later...

The forest green pressing is $22.47 on Amazon (can confirm forest green as I ordered it and received it today). I have no idea if it's generally available in the USA. SSD don't have it, MusicDirect have it marked as Awaiting Repress and Bullmoose say it's a rare item and they will try and get it for you. They might be able to and if they can, it's $17.97 before shipping.

Anyway, my point is it's cheaper than Hello Merch, especially with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RCO57W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Also, Bullmoose are saying that the Australian import is 'Out of stock but available. Shoud ship in 4-7 days'. $40.97.

The forest green pressing is $22.47 on Amazon (can confirm forest green as I ordered it and received it today). I have no idea if it's generally available in the USA. SSD don't have it, MusicDirect have it marked as Awaiting Repress and Bullmoose say it's a rare item and they will try and get it for you. They might be able to and if they can, it's $17.97 before shipping.

Anyway, my point is it's cheaper than Hello Merch, especially with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RCO57W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Also, Bullmoose are saying that the Australian import is 'Out of stock but available. Shoud ship in 4-7 days'. $40.97.

Triple Crown has the forest green.  Though one of their hype photos showed an almost lime green for one of the discs, but both of mine are dark.

http://triplecrownrecords.merchdirect.com/products/52175-caspian-waking-season-vinyl

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, antisyntax said:

Use their text messaging option (if you have an iPhone) they will get you sorted in seconds 

I emailed them last night as soon as i found out. I ended up doing the live chat option on the site today and got it squared away pretty quick. new shipping confirmation a few minutes later. so yeah, overall, they rock for customer service.