Motion City Soundtrack - Making Moves 7"

I remember reading a while ago that there were plans to release them all as a collection thing?

That still going ahead?

As far as I know it is. I haven't heard otherwise. FYI i've bought every making moves so far, and they're all fantastic, i wish they'd just keep going with this series.

As far as I know it is. I haven't heard otherwise. FYI i've bought every making moves so far, and they're all fantastic, i wish they'd just keep going with this series.

I had asked them about a subscription series a while back but they weren't doing it.

And totally agree with how fantastic these are. I've not been disappointed with any of them.

I had asked them about a subscription series a while back but they weren't doing it.

And totally agree with how fantastic these are. I've not been disappointed with any of them.

I would love them to sell like a cheap little Making Moves box that maybe comes with a DVD of the making of them. That could host all the 7" and give info on how the bands were selected and the documented work with Justin

Yeah I talked to the people putting this out a while back, and they weren't doing a subscription, but they were trying to set up a boxset to be released after all of them were out. I'm hoping it happens cause I'd buy that too.

Very excited to own all of these Making Moves 7"s

This, though I kind of hope if they put out a box set version after it doesn't come with any extra sweet stuff. I bought all these as they came out figuring the series on its own was special. All of these releases so far have been solid, I'm looking really forward to the MCS one. There was a video they put up before Go came out that was a good minute long clip of a song that didn't end up as a bonus track or anything that I really hope is on this.

Yeah I talked to the people putting this out a while back, and they weren't doing a subscription, but they were trying to set up a boxset to be released after all of them were out. I'm hoping it happens cause I'd buy that too.

If they did that do you think they would have the box for sale for people who got each one individually?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bluecollardistro.com/motioncitysoundtrack/product_info.php?products_id=7602&cPath=2_176&store

In case anyone is interested (it's $39.99 and details from the site are pasted below)

Only 200 Sets Available! Receive download code for Motion City Soundtrack's new song "Severance" after you complete your purchase!

About Making Moves:

Drexel University’s MAD Dragon Records (MDR) is pleased to announce in collaboration with Motion City Soundtrack – Making Moves, a curated series of 7” single releases by emerging artists. The singles will be co-released on limited edition 7” vinyl and digitally via MAD Dragon Records and Motion City Soundtrack’s recently launched record label, The Boombox Generation, distributed by the Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA). Making Moves artists include: The Company We Keep (Detroit, MI), Brick + Mortar (Toms River, NJ), Goldrush (Richmond, VA), The Skies Revolt (Grand Rapids, MI), and A Great Big Pile of Leaves (Brooklyn, NY). Motion City Soundtrack will also be contributing two new songs for the series. The releases are scheduled to take place between April and November 2012.

Making Moves: Special Limited Edition Box Set

INCLUDES:

-All six 7” records from the series curated by Motion City Soundtrack

-Limited edition Making Moves poster

-USB drive with 90 minute documentary film "The Making of Making Moves"

-Liner Notes

-Credits

-Digital versions of all the songs including a digital bonus track from each artist in the series

ARTISTS:

The Company We Keep

1) RightWrong

2) The Company She Keeps

3) Pattern Against User (digital bonus track)

Brick + Mortar

1) Bangs

2) Old Boy

3) Other Drugs (digital bonus track)

A Great Big Pile Of Leaves

1) Pet Mouse

2) Ambiversion

3) Writing Utensils (digital bonus track)

Goldrush

1) Settle Down

2) REX

3) The Dream Is Over (digital bonus track)

The Skies Revolt

1) For Your Health

2) Green Dress; In A Sense

3) Germaine Throws It Up (digital bonus track)

Motion City Soundtrack

1) Severance

2) Major Leagues

3) Pictures of Success (digital bonus track)

*PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS: Orders are expected to begin shipping the week of November 20th, 2012. Orders are not promised to be in hand by the release date. Any items purchased with this pre-order will not ship until the week of November 20th, 2012 as well. If you place multiple pre-orders in one order they will ship together, on the date of the latest shipping pre-order. All items shown are mock ups and final product may vary slightly.

did you really not see a box set coming?

Honestly no since they just started selling them individually. Most times if bands do something like this they mention a box set at the end. I would of waited. Honestly they could of just put this up for pre-order when the first one went out and I would of liked that a lot more. MCS commented on their page they are gonna try and get a bundle for people who already owned them but I am sure plenty of people already own most of these 7"s.

Honestly no since they just started selling them individually. Most times if bands do something like this they mention a box set at the end. I would of waited. Honestly they could of just put this up for pre-order when the first one went out and I would of liked that a lot more. MCS commented on their page they are gonna try and get a bundle for people who already owned them but I am sure plenty of people already own most of these 7"s.

i agree. i purchased these as i went (actually purchased tcwk one from the band at a show) and would really like to get my hands on that box.