Questions about three bands ...

sickteen

Hi everyone ..

I'm curious if anyone can give me some back story on these three bands. I'm mainly wondering what other bands are noticeable influences on all three.

I've heard a few songs by Joyce Manor, and they actually kind of reminded me of Tigers Jaw a bit.

I'm really wondering about Title Fight as well. I like what I've heard, all bit it just a few songs off youtube.

Any insight on these bands history, influence, and etc would be great.

Also what songs stand out to you by them, and why, and what records do you enjoy the most by them.

all the best,

sickteen

heres a really great link to find out about all three of those bands, here

You're a douche. Dude was asking a forum that discusses music, to discuss music. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of any of those bands, so I can't help, but the rest of this forum loves those bands, so I'm sure someone will have some insight.

It was meant in humor, chill out.

Some insight on said bands, Tigers Jaw is rad, pretty raw, melodic, indie stuff. A good place to start would be the self-titled record. For the life of me I can't really think of any bands to compare them too.

As far as Title Fight goes, if you're a fan of melodic hardcore ala Lifetime, Such Gold, Transit, or Kid Dynamite, you would probably dig these guys. Shed is a really good album.

I've actually never heard Joyce Manor so I wouldn't know if there is a connection between them and anybody else.

http://www.spotify.com/uk/

Type in any band you want to.

All three bands come up if you put in one of them. See the related artists area.

From the description on spotify: they are trying to reach back to the early days of emo and post-hardcore.

They are like on the outside of THE WAVE (touche amore / la dispute / defeater).

They put out about a 7" and 12" a year for the past 4 years. See their newest albums first as they have grown more accessible and better produced.

Joyce Manor - Constant Headache, Derailed, Orange Julius, See How Tame I Can Be, If I Needed You There, Violent Inside

Title Fight - Symmetry, Evander, Anaconda Sniper, Neck Deep, Leaf, Like A Ritual, Make You Cry, Frown, Lefty. I didnt get much into Shed but most of that album is pretty good but not as good as the stuff on The Last Thing You Forget or Floral Green.

Im sure others on here would give better advice on Tigers Jaw. I like that band but dont love them like some people do.

I heard the singer from Title Fight on Matt & Mondo's Punk Rock Powerhour say they were super into Saves The Day. I don't really hear many similarities but I'm super gay for Saves The Day and put them on a pedestal.

Funny, from an outside perspective (not into either band) I think title fight sounds A LOT like saves the day

I heard the singer from Title Fight on Matt & Mondo's Punk Rock Powerhour say they were super into Saves The Day. I don't really hear many similarities but I'm super gay for Saves The Day and put them on a pedestal.

I'm the same way, I hear them compared to them all the time but I don't really hear it either.

I think there are a lot of similarities between Title Fight and "Can't Slow Down" era Saves the Day

Yeah as far as instrumentally there is. Haven't listened to TF much except for Floral Green though so that's about all I can say.

Also one thing I like about Tigers Jaw is how they put a lot of meaning into their songs without using many words. Some songs are 7 or 8 lines and are super neat.

Great stuff!!

Im going through the Title Fight recommendations right now. And finding them to be very good. I will hit up Tigers Jaw and Joyce Manor next via the recommendation of songs.

Interesting thing is, that the song Evander by Title Fight actually reminds me of The Get Up Kids. Does anyone else here this ?

Please anyone else with more inside goodness about these bands chime in.

all the best!

sickteen

TJ and TT are from wilkes-barre/scranton area, they're friends and fed off each others hype to build up to where they're at now. I personally find tigers jaw to be pretty boring, same with joyce manor, and the kingston/early stuff of title fight is just better than green floral whatever that new record is called. ive given it some time to sink in and its just bland.