IVWT is closing

andi

Hey Mofiend, remember when you bought stuff from me off DF like 2 years ago and it was awesome. Then you wanted to buy more but because I didn't respond to you quick enough, you got all pissy and wouldn't buy from me again (I didn't respond because we just had a baby). Good times.

Seriously, I need to pick up Uncle Acid from you. That record is killer.

I must've been pmsing at the time.

Running a distro is hard work folks. I hope for the owner's sake he didn't lose a bunch of money and is able to build up his label as quickly as he did his distro, which was quite impressive. I always wondered how IVWT was able to offer records so cheap and still be able to turn a profit. My shop is small potatoes compared to IVWT and Vinyl Junkie but it definitely scares me knowing reputible shops like these are closing out of nowhere. Keep supporting small distro's and local record shops folks or all we'll have left is amazon and ebay.

neither IVWT, or vinyl junkie are closing because no one bought records, and they went out of business. Both closed because of a change in life direction with the owners. Vinyl Junkie was doing better than ever, and making more than ever when the decision was made to close up shop.

I dont know the books for IVWT, but from what Brian has said, its not cause no one bought his records, its for other reasons.

dont let it scare you that places are closing when its by choice, and not by necessity.

Ugh this is way upsetting to come across. I had a massive list of records bookmarked on IVWT I was "going to buy eventually" but never did and now most are sold out. I'm getting some of the few things left that I can, I'm just sad I can't throw more money at Brian right now. IVWT was so legit. I really hope someone eventually has the time and dedication to fill his shoes.

Ugh this is way upsetting to come across. I had a massive list of records bookmarked on IVWT I was "going to buy eventually" but never did and now most are sold out. I'm getting some of the few things left that I can, I'm just sad I can't throw more money at Brian right now. IVWT was so legit. I really hope someone eventually has the time and dedication to fill his shoes.

This excuse of "I've been meaning to buy this/that/these," has become a trademark on these boards recently.

Buy records. Dammit.

Everyone jumps all over $19.99 repress threads but they can't give independent retailers like IVWT $18 for 2 brand new albums BEFORE they go out of business?

For shame! SHAME!

Reminiscing about all my orders over the last year, been a good ride with IVWT.

These last orders with the discount sure were tits, had that shit so quick too.

I love that he took the extra time to send LPs outside of jackets, multiple ones at that. I can't even get eBay or Discogs sellers to do it for one stinkin' record.

RIP-347-x-300.jpg