I finally made my first vinyl record finished table! (50% OFF Sale on VLING too!)

which albums were involved in making this?

As with my jewelry and iPhone cases I use virgin records that are error pressings or overruns that I get from labels/pressing plants. So don't worry about me cutting up rare ABBA wax ;)

I imagine those cases scratch easily.

As any case made out of a vinyl record would! It doesn't make them look bad, it adds character... just like any scar!

You still never gave a price, right?

If you are going to sell them, you should make sure you buy tables where the legs are screwed on and not glued. I'd imagine you can ship them in a dense package (especially if the wood is lighter) for $20-$30 (at least in Canada probably). That's not going to really price anyone out of buying furniture.

You still never gave a price, right?

If you are going to sell them, you should make sure you buy tables where the legs are screwed on and not glued. I'd imagine you can ship them in a dense package (especially if the wood is lighter) for $20-$30 (at least in Canada probably). That's not going to really price anyone out of buying furniture.

No, no pricing yet. I probably will wait until I have a few pieces to showcase the line.

The actual furniture will be handmade using hard wood.

Shipping is going to fun. haha.

This stuff is pretty awesome!

I have a question. Do you have a picture of that sweet 45 adapter clock with #s? Are the #s cut from vinyl i take it? Please let me know as i am interested in that along with tsome other stuff.

Thanks

Thanks!

I've actually discontinued the numbered clock (just updated the website now) and I don't have any pictures of it unfortunately.

It was just small black 12/3/6/9 glued on the red "label" part of the clock.

VLV thinks your stuff is corny and cheesy.

• sunna.+ posted this September 27th, 2012 @ 6:22:42 pm#3413
  • that stuff is corny, but it is really hard to make clean cuts like that in vinyl - they probably have a stamper

• Kurz+ posted this September 27th, 2012 @ 6:28:27 pm

• yeah kinda cheesy. it's like he just has to show everyone HOW MUCH he loves his vinyl...
    and I bet that table won't look that good after a while of use, unless I'm mistaken and it's covered by some translucent plate.

Do you do shipping notifications? If not Sal Goodman ;)

I actually don't and I really should figure out how to get that automated...

I ship from Canada and it's generally a week or two for US arrival. I generally ship 2-4 days after the order is placed, sometimes faster and sometimes I get swamped and it can take a bit longer but I try to include extra items when I ship "late".

Thanks again for all of the orders.

VLV thinks your stuff is corny and cheesy.

• sunna.+ posted this September 27th, 2012 @ 6:22:42 pm#3413
  • that stuff is corny, but it is really hard to make clean cuts like that in vinyl - they probably have a stamper

• Kurz+ posted this September 27th, 2012 @ 6:28:27 pm

• yeah kinda cheesy. it's like he just has to show everyone HOW MUCH he loves his vinyl...
    and I bet that table won't look that good after a while of use, unless I'm mistaken and it's covered by some translucent plate.

Haha.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Opinons are like....

I don't have an account there and I should sign up for some bashing. I've yet to post on DF either, but I think I'll get on that this week as well.

• 2 weeks later...