PO- Swingin’ Utters - The Librarians Are Hiding Something 7"

tittus

When the Swingin’ Utters released Here, Under Protest last April after an 8 year wait, we were stoked. Then, they started touring again and we dreamed, oh but a little, that they would keep going. Lo and behold, they just finished recording another new full length record, due out early next year! While that isn’t quite ready, a brand new two song 7” is! The Librarians Are Hiding Something will be out on November 6th, and what’s particularly cool about this single is that the A-side is a nice precursor to what can be expected from the full length. It’s the first appearance of new bassist Miles Peck on an Utters record AND marks Jack Dalrymple’s debut as a songwriter for the band, as he and vocalist Johnny Bonnel co-wrote Librarians. We really should be calling this a Double A-side record, as the flipside, Rude Little Rooms, is a classic Darius Koski composition, but only available on this single, while a new mix of The Librarians Are Hiding Something will show up on the upcoming full length. Additionally, this is a limited edition pressing. Stay focused folks, the operative word is “limited edition”. We are not pressing a lot of these. Keep your eyes peeled for our pre-order, we’ll be announcing it soon.

Cool stuff. I really enjoyed the last lp. That + Jack make this a definite buy.

thanks dude! just ordered.

I like the fact that a small (but yet very awesome) Austrian label put that split out. Still I'm kind of disappointed with the Utters' songs. Little bit country is quite boring and while Serita Sing is the better of the 2 songs on there, the real standout on this release are the 2 songs by Wham Bam Bodyslam on the other side. Maybe it's just because I feel the need to support local bands, but it's a nice sort of folksy/punk/acoustic sound that I really like and would love to hear more of.

So have fun with it!

• 4 weeks later...