Black Friday 2012 RSD Releases Updated 10/9

dreamover

Pre-ordered the Tomahawk 7" from the same store that got me the box set 9 days before RSD. Hoping for the same scenario.

And which store would that be? :)

I bought through Strictly Discs last year and was able to get almost everything I wanted (set me back like 300 bucks, but that's what I ordered.)

For the majority of you teenie boppers, this wont matter. For those few others like myself, here will be The Grateful Dead's contribution to Black Friday RSD.

Grateful Dead - Live At Winterland (5/30/1971)

(2LP 180 Gram Vinyl)

Mastered from original 2-track reels

cut by Chris Bellman, pressed at RTI

$34.98 suggested price

7500 pressed

I was just talking to my English teacher about The Dead. Not a fan myself but I can definitely respect them. Don't see much on the list so far but I'm hoping for those Incubus releases though. I had the Moments & Melodies set, but I don't really like complications and it was like -10gram vinyl. It was so flimsy.

any good dead show should not be on 2xlp

Couple of things. This show was back in 1971 so the recording may be incomplete. If it is indeed the full show, it will be a HUGE upgrade to what currently exists (entire concert of a really crappy AUD, and only a partial Set II of a SBD source). If you look at the times on the songs on this link I've provided, its a pretty short show. Short enough for just 2 LPs? Probably not but that tells me some of this show is either gone missing forever or they just used 1 set of material to create this release. Either way, if they wanna slap some early Dead on some vinyl, I'm gonna buy it.

http://archive.org/details/gd71-05-30.aud.miller.31968.sbeok.flacf

I was just talking to my English teacher about The Dead. Not a fan myself but I can definitely respect them. Don't see much on the list so far but I'm hoping for those Incubus releases though. I had the Moments & Melodies set, but I don't really like complications and it was like -10gram vinyl. It was so flimsy.

A band like The Dead take a while to get into (especially if you have never gotten into improvised music before ala Jazz). I will say this though, Garcia was a supremely talented musician during his prime. Once they click, it hits you in a very mammoth way.

Couple of things. This show was back in 1971 so the recording may be incomplete. If it is indeed the full show, it will be a HUGE upgrade to what currently exists (entire concert of a really crappy AUD, and only a partial Set II of a SBD source). If you look at the times on the songs on this link I've provided, its a pretty short show. Short enough for just 2 LPs? Probably not but that tells me some of this show is either gone missing forever or they just used 1 set of material to create this release. Either way, if they wanna slap some early Dead on some vinyl, I'm gonna buy it.

http://archive.org/d...968.sbeok.flacf

They have enough complete material that they dont need to release incomplete stuff. Just saying

They have enough complete material that they dont need to release incomplete stuff. Just saying

While I agree to a point, if the incomplete material is worthy of being heard the proper way (better source than has ever been circulated) for the first time ever, it's worth a release. Nothing different than say a compilation live album like Dead Set, Reckoning, Without A Net, etc... Plus all the Dicks Picks are now being released on vinyl along with a slew of huge CD box sets covering a large number of full shows. The Dead is doing it right. Just wish Phish would be so ambitious...