Black Friday 2012 RSD Releases Updated 10/9

dreamover

While I agree to a point, if the incomplete material is worthy of being heard the proper way (better source than has ever been circulated) for the first time ever, it's worth a release. Nothing different than say a compilation live album like Dead Set, Reckoning, Without A Net, etc... Plus all the Dicks Picks are now being released on vinyl along with a slew of huge CD box sets covering a large number of full shows. The Dead is doing it right. Just wish Phish would be so ambitious...

Phish pretty much started the whole download the show 10 ,mins after the show deal. I think they realize that their audience is much younger and do not spend as much money as deadheads. I would like to see in 20 years if phish starts doing more like the dead and relasing these bigger sets, etc

Lots of new updates today....Tomahawk single is no longer Waratarium, it is now "Stone Letter" and limited to just 2500 copies....new Gaslight Anthem 10", new Mayer Hawthorne live 10", Coheed Clear Vinyl Ascension Demos LP, etc.

lol at coheed demos, has anyone heard these? They are essentially the exact same guitar tracks as the album, with the exact same vocal tracks. 1 different song at least.

Phish pretty much started the whole download the show 10 ,mins after the show deal. I think they realize that their audience is much younger and do not spend as much money as deadheads. I would like to see in 20 years if phish starts doing more like the dead and relasing these bigger sets, etc

Phish vinyl are huge sellers. Just look at Junta on RSD and see what they go for on eBay (at 5000 copies pressed). Their live stuff would sell even better.

Plus every vinyl theyve ever put out (with the exception of their last album Joy) is OOP and expensive as fuck. Hell, Lawn Boy can fetch over $1000.

I agree

It seems lots of Phish fans have really gotten into the vinyl trend over the past couple years so they will do extremely well especially since their fans have that have to own everything mentality that bands and labels putting out vinyl love and love to take advantage of. Anything limited of Phish will do well and do well for awhile. You can get a Pollack edition for like $80 now but I forgot what they originally went for.

I agree

It seems lots of Phish fans have really gotten into the vinyl trend over the past couple years so they will do extremely well especially since their fans have that have to own everything mentality that bands and labels putting out vinyl love and love to take advantage of. Anything limited of Phish will do well and do well for awhile. You can get a Pollack edition for like $80 now but I forgot what they originally went for.

Owning Junta, which was never on vinyl before is alot different than say owning a 4xlp set of some random show. Individual shows are just too much of a novelty for the average person at whatever the cost is to be buying several shows and the production cost

Not saying that they wouldnt release say a NYE show on vinyl but they seem more into the cd/dvd stuff, which sells for less for their fans and production costs are way lower

Owning Junta, which was never on vinyl before is alot different than say owning a 4xlp set of some random show. Individual shows are just too much of a novelty for the average person at whatever the cost is to be buying several shows and the production cost

Not saying that they wouldnt release say a NYE show on vinyl but they seem more into the cd/dvd stuff, which sells for less for their fans and production costs are way lower

I could definitely see them issuing "A Live One" at some point. I dont think they would have any problems selling a 4xLP of a random show, the problem is the recording may not be of high enough quality to justify releasing it through this format. For that, I agree. Though not because fans are younger and have less money. Theres plenty of interest already in place, if they did decide to do it.