FS: iPhone 4 w/ sticky home button

AdventureIsOutThere

As the title states, I am selling an AT&T iPhone 4 16 GB with a sticky home button. The home button virtually doesn't work unless you push extremely hard. Though, you can use the accessibility button (basically a small circle that is placed on the screen to go back to the home screen at any time) to get to your home screen, which is quite easy and very helpful when the common occurrence of the broken home button occurs. Then again, there are replacement home buttons all over ebay as well so that's also an option. The back of the phone is also cracked. Other than that, the front of the screen and everything else is just fine on the phone. I am not looking for too much but Gazelle will give me $45.00 (, so let that be a reference for about what I'm looking for but a little bit more. I can also send pics if you'd like! Send me a pm if you're interested! Thanks.

"Well, I been growing more and more frustrated with the button sticking and went on YouTube to check for possible fixes. I found one that was spoken in a foreign language, and saw as the poster put a drop of liquid on the home button and pressed it numerous times. He did this twice. I assumed it was rubbing alcohol, so I grabbed my bottle of rubbing alcohol, shut off the iPhone, and added a drop to the button. Pressed it about 30 times, added another drop, pressed it again, wiped the phone down and booted up the phone. I tried using the home button in various ways and it worked perfectly!!!!"

This worked for me. Lots of fixes on YouTube if you haven't tried fixing the button. Also, if you plan in buying this you can probably fix it!

I had no idea about the Assistive Touch thing. I have an old 3G that the Home button just stopped working after it went for a swim. Now my kids can play the games and get back to the home screen!

Please post pics of the crack and the glass. I may be interested since I don't have $175 laying around currently.

Why does it stick? Is it water damaged?

I am honestly not sure why it sticks... There should be no water damage as of my knowledge. All of a sudden I found myself having to press the button harder for it to work and now the amount of force you need to press the button is just unreasonable so this is why I have turned on the assistive touch...

That's what cracked glass looks like. I don't know what else that would be. To fix the back, it is 30$ from the apple store (probably cheaper elsewhere and maybe even cheaper now that the iPhone 5 is out)

Oh, it's glass...I'm iPhone 4-tarded. The 3's were plastic.

Guess that's why Droid back's are made out of Kevlar.