PO: Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights Deluxe 2LP+DVD

dreamover

• 3 weeks later...

that title fight records is #69 on billboard 200. turn on the bright lights peaked at #158.

Turn on the Bright Lights was named by NME as the #8 album of the 2000's and Rolling Stone claimed it as the 59th best album of the decade. Album has also been certified gold. Aaaaand, Turn on the Bright Lights peaked at number 5 on the Billboard Indie charts while Floral Green peaked at 18. That Title Fight record is their second album, so in comparison, Interpol's second album hit #15 on the Billboard 200...and their third album hit #4 aaaand their fourth album hit #7. If Title Fight can keep fans interested in them for over a decade and sell roughly half a million copies of each album, and have half their discography go gold then more power to em. ok i'm done...I love Interpol sorry. Title Fight is sweet too, but there's really no comparison when it comes to album sales

• 3 weeks later...

Picked this up today! Have spun it yet but the packaging is brilliant and slick! Really well done... I am currently watching the DVD and I am disappointed little material and the first 3 live performances are terrible in sound and quality... The second small set is better and videos are videos... So the DVD gets a D+ packaging A- and vinyl TBD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest tms2787

Can anyone who has heard both comment on the better sound quality? 180G or this pressing? I guess I'd like to have the DVD but it's not needed. Any input would be great.

Can anyone who has heard both comment on the better sound quality? 180G or this pressing? I guess I'd like to have the DVD but it's not needed. Any input would be great.

I never noticed a difference, but the extras are awesome, the scrapbook of photos and posters and the extra lp of demos are great. The DVD of early performances is rad. Overall this is one of my fav records on my shelf because of all the cool attention matador put into this release.

It kinda bums me out because it captures a moment in time for this band that can never be relived. I will never be able to see this band in the settings they played within at the time because now they play arenas

I actually have a spare DVD. Got a somewhat damaged jacket in the mail and wanted it in mint like my 52 weeks set so I ordered a replacement. They accidentally (?) put a DVD in there so I have a spare. Let me know if you're interested.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Turn on the Bright Lights is the Vinyl Me Please record of the month for September and getting the VMP treatment for its 20th anniversary on 2x LP red with listening notes booklet and art print. 

spacer.png

"Turn on the Bright Lights, the era and genre-defying 2002 breakout debut from Interpol, is the VMP Essentials Record of the Month for September 2022. Celebrating the record's 20th anniversary, it's here on exclusive Red vinyl, on 2LP for the very first time, with lacquers cut by Barry Grint of Alchemy Mastering at AIR and an art print by Nicholas Law."

"Listening Notes Booklet By Danielle Chelosky, Art Print By Nicholas Law "

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/products/interpol-turn-on-the-bright-lights

Edited by ringo_0

• 3 weeks later...