Midtown - Living Well & Save the World 2xLPs Hot Topic exclusives

http://www.absolutep...unk.net - News)

People on the internet really need to learn how to do research...

no surprise that it was Tate who instigated everything and the patron saint of ap.net aka the douchebag behind American Dream Records who seems the most confused/misinformed. even funnier and more pathetic that despite being proven wrong he still refuses to let it go and starts arguing with over people over random nonsense.

whenever there is a link to something on ap.net regarding records it's inevitable that Tate and the patron saint of ap.net aka the douchebag behind American Dream Records will be the two most frustrating, brain dead morons in the thread over there.

would not surprise me if these got held up. Rob Hitt was the one who bitched, moaned and groaned enough to get the pressing axed the frist go around with enjoy the ride. i think if the guy who runs enjoy the ride held his ground and stuck to his guns save the world would have been pressed already, but he has a heart and chose not to press the record because of Rob Hitt's objections. Rob Hitt even cried about when a legit test pressing was put on ebay, something he has zero control over, which resulted it the auction getting pulled for a day or two, again because the seller has a heart, but eventually it was relisted.

ultimately these will get pressed because this time the albums aren't licensed out, but Rob will raise a huge stink about it and won't go down without a fight. i get the feeling he is just full of hot air and won't actually do anything legally to stop the pressing.

I believe when Travis announces these things they're already at the plant, so there's very little he can do now since Universal won't listen to him. He can moan all he wants but he singed a contract, that allowed DTR/Universal to do what they saw fit with the recordings. If he doesn't like it he can purchase the rights back from them.

Wait, ETR was supposed to press these at one point? And I remember seeing a test press for a Midtown record on eBay. I'm assuming those were DTR tests? Kind of like the Allister - Last Stop Suburbia tests that exist, but never got an actual pressing.

i think the test he was referring to was an ETR test. i don't remember seeing a midtown test with that batch of drive thru tests that were sold on ebay by richard through some random guy. ETR got the rights to press Save The World Lose The Girl a few years ago, got tests done and i think even announced the pressing. then either drive thru renegged on the contract with ETR and told them they couldn't do it anymore or Rob Hitt said he didn't want it to happen so it didn't happen. either way obviously ETR didn't get to press Save The World Lose The Girl. i think it was one of the first releases ETR was going to do when Ross got things going. Ross would have to come in here and say what exactly happened.

i think the test he was referring to was an ETR test. i don't remember seeing a midtown test with that batch of drive thru tests that were sold on ebay by richard through some random guy. ETR got the rights to press Save The World Lose The Girl a few years ago, got tests done and i think even announced the pressing. then either drive thru renegged on the contract with ETR and told them they couldn't do it anymore or Rob Hitt said he didn't want it to happen so it didn't happen. either way obviously ETR didn't get to press Save The World Lose The Girl. i think it was one of the first releases ETR was going to do when Ross got things going. Ross would have to come in here and say what exactly happened.

this is all correct. I do have a couple tests on a single lp version of save the world and then richard decided to back out of the deal on that album and probably partially due to the fact that rob did not want them being pressed at that time. I was told by universal two years ago that dtr controlled the rights to save the world but that was also by a person who got fired a few months later. I do not know if richard pulled our deal because he realized that he in fact did not control the rights or what the deal was but im assuming that if universal licensed it out then they in fact own the masters although this whole ordeal has nothing to do with me as of now so take my info with a grain of salt. It is primarily based on things i was told a couple years back.

Travis any word on this yet? I'm praying that these happen. I've been asking for Midtown on vinyl for the last 5 years. So excited when I heard the announcement, but kind of nervous after hearing that Rob was not happy about it. Hopefully the issues get resolved, everyone is happy, and this thing is pressed for November. **fingers crossed**

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...