Question for anyone who has both pressings of The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me (Brand New)

I personally LOVE my Triple Crown pressing. I didn't have the patience for the AFS pressing (foreshadowing, anyone?), so I missed out on those.

However, I can say that it's one of the cleanest sounding records I own and that it translated beautifully to the vinyl format. No complaints over here for the Triple Crown pressing.

That said, I am not a Brand New completist, and I may be willing to let my white copy go if you want to PM me some offers.

I know its in my sig, but I'm going to throw it out there that I am looking to trade a TC white copy for an AFS white copy. I need it to complete the variants. If this doesn't happen soon, then I will consider selling my extra white TC copy for a reasonable price. Also, sometime this week I will attempt to help out with the discogs page.

• 3 weeks later...

So funny story, I checked my local record shop's webstore, turns out they still had a product listing for the triple crown vinyl. Only $19.99, in warehouse and ready to ship. So I ordered like 7. Should get here soon!

LOLJK I only ordered one, and that order got canceled. Oh well. But I did manage to snag one on eBay that was unplayed and still in shrink for a pretty decent price. And that one should be getting here soon, for realsies. So I'm looking forward to getting it.

I am flying to Asia close to New Years so if I get it before then and I have the time, I'm also looking forward to posting my impressions. I will do that sooner or later, just can't tell when, since everything is so crazy around here with the preparation, also finals week at college, blah blah blah. Should be cool though.

I'd like to thank everyone here who offered me theirs, I appreciate it. It's not the easiest album to acquire. I'd also like to thank everyone who chipped in and made this thread the definitive go-to spot for info on the variations between the two pressings, something I'm surprised hasn't been documented by/for collectors elsewhere. It's good that this will be here for future reference for others who wanna decide which pressing to go with.

• 1 month later...

Guess I never really commented on the sound of the TC. I mean. It's alright. Nothing to write home about. It's kinda noisy during quiet passages (pressing issue), sounds good though. The stereo effect on the drums on You Won't Know is greatly diminished. It's still there but all the bass is summed when you have to cut for vinyl. I'm sure they did the best they could have done with that song in the context of an LP. A groove with different things happening on the bass drum in both channels is basically impossible to cut.

Verdict, could be a little better, could be alot worse. 7/10. I'm sure it's better than the AFS.

• 2 weeks later...