Gohastings 30% off black friday

Hastings is just starting to sell used vinyl, my store is yet to have any. Also all stores should have vinyl mailers now, they are pretty crappy mailers and usually only one record will fit in there but they are better than nothing.

My copy of revolver came in today, no complaints on packaging at all.

Hastings does, in fact, sell used records. Let's make sure we're not putting out incorrect information. My local Hastings stocks a few, not many, used records. So while yes, 99.9% of the time you order a used record from their website, it will show up as a CD, Hastings does sell used records.

Thats not always true. I ordered Tool Undertow used a few months back and it did in fact arrive as a record. However another "Used" record i ordered did show up as a cd. They do at least sell some used vinyl.

THis is new then. They never used to.

Ordered about 30 records. So far it is about 60% good and 30% bent up bad and 10% the wrong record. Anyone know how they are with exchanges/returns?

If they are wrong / CDs they have let me keep them in the past. Busted records they usually had me use a prepaid label and send it back. The refund process takes a while.

I received my order today. When I got home from work and saw the box it came in I was a little worried, especially after reading all of the packaging horror stories on here. It was in this huge 17"x9"x9" box that said "BOOKS" on the side of it and was bulging out on one side. Once I opened it, it was a bunch of brown paper on top of the two records I ordered flattened to the bottom of the box -- everything managed to be in really great shape, thankfully.

Recieved 2 packages today. One containing Johnny Cash's Ain't No Grave. Arrived alone in an LP mailer, though the shrink was torn and there was a small split on the top. None of that bothers me and the tear in the shrink is likely from being on a store shelf. Luckily they sent out the version I was hoping for (and the version that matched the UPC on gohastings.com's listing), which was the Lost Highway 10th Anniversary Edition on clear vinyl.

Second package was Blur 21, Misfits' Earth A.D. and Antony & The Johnson's Swanlights. These ones came in a box with the 2 single LPs being wrapped in bubble wrap and placed on top of the Blur box. It was pretty decently packed and nothing was damaged in transit, though the Blur box had torn shrink and a little shelf wear. Nothing to complain about.

I got Magical Mystery Tour in a record mailer yesterday - expecting my second package of 3 records today. It seems like - for the most part - they've gotten their act together for shipping LPs. A few stores seem to be using bubble mailers still, but most instances I've seen have been real boxes for records.