PO Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine

17 hours ago, andynz said:

How do the MOV pressings sound? 

Meh.

EE, sounds "OK", but nothing to write home about.

The original MOV release of the s/t album is a true gem though. If you're gonna seek out RATM MOV, find that one. It's pretty damn close to the original release, but I still say the original trumps it.

2 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Meh.

EE, sounds "OK", but nothing to write home about.

The original MOV release of the s/t album is a true gem though. If you're gonna seek out RATM MOV, find that one. It's pretty damn close to the original release, but I still say the original trumps it.

They used the original eu pressing stampers 

Listened to one side of the Battle of LA reissue, it sounds good but not great. Nowhere near as good as their other records (not the new reissues, I didn't hear the others), but still enjoyable... especially at the price point. It's just not much better than the CD... not quite as brickwalled but still pretty compressed.

If you don't have a copy, I'd grab it, but I wouldn't track it down if you already have it.

Edited by Doomguy13

6 hours ago, Doomguy13 said:

Listened to one side of the Battle of LA reissue, it sounds good but not great. Nowhere near as good as their other records (not the new reissues, I didn't hear the others), but still enjoyable... especially at the price point. It's just not much better than the CD... not quite as brickwalled but still pretty compressed.

If you don't have a copy, I'd grab it, but I wouldn't track it down if you already have it.

In all fairness, The Battle of LA is not all that great “sounding” of an album to my ears. It is kind of “gritty,” dull and “hissy” sounding, compared to their first two albums.

I remember hearing the US OG and thinking to myself, this was just mastered so “differently.”

Kind of “sloppy” sounding, but I figured that was the “artistic” intent.

So I figure when you compare that album to Gggarth’s “crystaline” production on the first one, it is gonna fall short.

I like what he did with the L7 record too. B)

8 hours ago, Doomguy13 said:

What initials are in the deadwax?

5 hours ago, Plarocks said:

In all fairness, The Battle of LA is not all that great “sounding” of an album to my ears. It is kind of “gritty,” dull and “hissy” sounding, compared to their first two albums.

I remember hearing the US OG and thinking to myself, this was just mastered so “differently.”

Kind of “sloppy” sounding, but I figured that was the “artistic” intent.

So I figure when you compare that album to Gggarth’s “crystaline” production on the first one, it is gonna fall short.

I like what he did with the L7 record too. B)

Oh, for sure! It's always been my favorite RATM record, despite the production not being as "good" as the others. I still don't think the album sounds bad at all, just very different from the other two, which obviously was the intent.

I was personally curious to how this new press sounded, if it was remastered, worth the money, etc.

3 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

What initials are in the deadwax?

Didn't get a chance to see, just heard a copy at work.

• 4 months later...