PO Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine

I don't have this LP, but I don't think I'd go for anything but a first pressing. Robert Ludwig claims it is his favorite thing he's ever mastered. And if you've ever heard any of his work, you can imagine exactly how amazing something like RATM would sound with his signature touch.

With that said, it is nice that they are going back to the OG tapes for the remastering. I applaud them for that. I imagine they'll get someone like Chris Bellman or Bernie Grundman to do the mastering this time around, but if they got Ludwig to reprise his role... Wow. That would be unbelievably amazing.

according to Elusive Disc, which was only partially quoted earlier, Vlado Meller is doing the remaster. Yes, that Vlado, AKA Vlad the Impaler. Some of his most recent work includes the imfamously horrible Icky Thump CD/digital master. To be fair he is well respected in the industry and we have to understand that mastering engineer is a job, and if your boss tells you to do it a certain way, that's how you do it. Regardless, I remain skeptical but hopeful that it will be done right.

There is also box set with no LP, that may be this case (with mistake in description as 5 discs are stated):

Newly remastered for this anniversary release, Rage Against the Machine - XX will be available as a CD in three configurations:

1) 20th Anniversary Edition Deluxe Box Set housing two CDs, two DVDs, one 12" 180gm vinyl LP, one 40 page booklet and two-sided poster;

2) 20th Anniversary Special Edition featuring two CDs and a bonus DVD featuring six tracks in an oversized softpack and

3) 20th Anniversary Edition single compact disc (with three bonus tracks)

'Hi res 96/24 files were used to cut the lacquers'

... why not cut directly from the tape? seems pointless.

^Wow. I missed that. That sucks. What the fuck is with these fucking labels?

Does this mean it's not going to sound good? Noob here.

I was going to purchase this but not if the quality isn't there. $20 w/ Amazon Prime shipping is just too good to give up.

It's been taken down...

http://www.amazon.co...SIN/B009G7ZYUO/

There is also box set with no LP, that may be this case (with mistake in description as 5 discs are stated):

Newly remastered for this anniversary release, Rage Against the Machine - XX will be available as a CD in three configurations:

1) 20th Anniversary Edition Deluxe Box Set housing two CDs, two DVDs, one 12" 180gm vinyl LP, one 40 page booklet and two-sided poster;

2) 20th Anniversary Special Edition featuring two CDs and a bonus DVD featuring six tracks in an oversized softpack and

3) 20th Anniversary Edition single compact disc (with three bonus tracks)

http://www.amazon.co...rt=-releasedate

If you search Rage Against The Machine and sort by release date, you can see all 3 versions... The one in my order history, that they've removed the price for, says "Deluxe Box Set" in the title, so I'd say that's a good sign. Plus they've taken the price down but my order still shows up and isn't cancelled. I'm not giving up hope just yet.