MOVING SALE - OP IVY / STRUNG OUT / NOFX / THE FALCON / LAWRENCE ARMS /TRIO / WILHELM- ALOT ADDED!

JennyMiller182

I ordered the God Don't Make No Trash on red. And of course, I got nothing. Does anyone know anything about trying to get your money back through paypal? I'm pretty technologically illiterate. If anyone could offer any sort of advice on the matter I would be eternally greatful.

Bring me the head of JennyMiller182.

I ordered the God Don't Make No Trash on red. And of course, I got nothing. Does anyone know anything about trying to get your money back through paypal? I'm pretty technologically illiterate. If anyone could offer any sort of advice on the matter I would be eternally greatful.

go to the MTS TOYPAJ thread... the first page has detailed steps on how to do this.

Dang, I just about bough that record from her/him. just couldn't agree on a price. Good thing, I guess. Good luck all. This is pretty shitty.

I have to ask, how is it profitable to scam ppl through paypal? I assume they use a hacked account, but even then funds don't usually "process" unless A. There's a tracking # or B. It's been about 30 days.

Also, WHY DON'T YOU SELL FAKE SHIT THAT'S WORTH MORE THAN $30???

How fucking lame.

I use my paypal almost every day and when I get payments now, they immediately are available. even without tracking or anything. but I had to earn that. and Id never fuck that up to make $30 off some dudes on a vinyl forum haha

Sorry to all that got scammed.

It seems that if there is one lesson from this: Listen to the member with 4000+ posts. He called it.

The methods are similar to that rick angley scammer from the Bronx, Multiple accounts, multiple Paypal addresses, a huge willingness to send pictures and sick/away from home stories. Plus a few successful purchases so you see some Kudos.

Paypal claim is your friend, remember to report all the email addresses that you got I don't think you can trust anyone in that chain.

Hey, no problem. Even one person being saved from getting ripped off from my efforts is a win in my eyes. It sucks that shit like this happens in the vinyl community, but it's a reality. I've seen enough of this shit in the three years I've been here to be able to catch on to the patterns. Just hope those that did fall for it end up getting it resolved through paypal and getting their money back.

Hey, no problem. Even one person being saved from getting ripped off from my efforts is a win in my eyes. It sucks that shit like this happens in the vinyl community, but it's a reality. I've seen enough of this shit in the three years I've been here to be able to catch on to the patterns. Just hope those that did fall for it end up getting it resolved through paypal and getting their money back.

what are the patterns normally? I just go by the "to good to be true" method

I haven't been around here as long as either of you... but I've noticed:

Stay away from people with "cliche" display names. "BrandNewJoe," "Joe182," "LessThanJoe," etc... Doesn't necesarily mean that they are a scammer, but it raises suspicion.

Stay away from people with no positive feedback, unless they have an ebay profile or discogs, or something to back them up.

Stay away from people who are willing to sell a record for a price that is obviously lower than the actual value. "Jenny Miller" offered to sell me a Comeback Kid "Wake The Dead" LP on smoke for $22. That just doesn't happen in the real world.

Stay away from people who use the "I'm sick and couldn't make it to the PO" excuse in the threads. It's just fucking bullshit.

Stay away from people whos FIRST post on the board is their new sale thread, which is loaded with only the rarest variants of OOP titles.

And finally.... LISTEN TO BOARD VETS. They know this shit more than us.

Just some shit I've picked up on....

I haven't been around here as long as either of you... but I've noticed:

Stay away from people with "cliche" display names. "BrandNewJoe," "Joe182," "LessThanJoe," etc... Doesn't necesarily mean that they are a scammer, but it raises suspicion.

Stay away from people with no positive feedback, unless they have an ebay profile or discogs, or something to back them up.

Stay away from people who are willing to sell a record for a price that is obviously lower than the actual value. "Jenny Miller" offered to sell me a Comeback Kid "Wake The Dead" LP on smoke for $22. That just doesn't happen in the real world.

Stay away from people who use the "I'm sick and couldn't make it to the PO" excuse in the threads. It's just fucking bullshit.

Stay away from people whos FIRST post on the board is their new sale thread, which is loaded with only the rarest variants of OOP titles.

And finally.... LISTEN TO BOARD VETS. They know this shit more than us.

Just some shit I've picked up on....

this mostly. there are a couple other ways i can tell but that just comes in time after seeing these people run the same schemes, just fine tuned to work over and over.

How are you sure it's the same guy?

I bought from nonemoreblack76 on the FWW and his Paypal name was Ryan Bode if that helps anyone.

they always have multiple names. hopefully its NOT the same guy.