VC Secret Santa (version 5.0) Final Update 02/07/2013

You didn't even get the records yet.

Holy fuck.

I got my gifts in today. I got a metric fuckton of stickers, download codes, and buttons, a bunch of posters, including an awesome TBS poster I've been wanting for a while, a Bear Romantic poster, a picture of my SS with Adam Turla from Murder By Death, some pictures of Adam Siska, a few random mags, two mix CDs, a Fearless sampler, a note from my SS, did I mention stickers? Super rad stuff. But did you give Nic Newsham a blowjob or something? There had to be fifty Gatsby's stickers and almost ten posters. :P

68B7842F-A4BF-49EE-A82D-7EC708FFA44C-7041-0000095EE581AEC8.jpg

Hmm. My guess would've been Patrick. But he's not on the list... I'm thinking maybe Diabretic?

Whoever it is, there are a few songs on the mix DVD that I really like. I believe they're the same band. The songs are called Shiver and Hexes. Anyone help me out?

Yeah, turns out Paul/tellallyourfriends was my SS, and I had another package from him come today. Got a Star Wars Sountrack, a clear copy of The Forecast's Shadow..., and another band I had never heard of, but had a really cool album cover and ended up being pretty sweet. Thanks a ton!

In other news, the shit from Alaska FINALLY came in today, and I will be getting my package out tomorrow.

Just a reminder people. if you sent your package and never bothered to send your confirmation# (as it's already happening this year too) please do so. We dont want a repeat of last year with people sending packages(if they did), then the package never arriving, and somehow the receipt goes missing in that time. i'll just assume you didn't send it.

Okay, so here's what I got:

Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence (Orange)

Empire Records - Soundtrack (Clear Gold)

Adam and the Ants - Kings of the Wild Frontier

A 7" by The Draft and a few really old 7"s

DVDs of Ghost World, Army of Darkness, Zombie, and Marvel's Doctor Strange

CDs of Bush, No Use For a Name, and The Von Horrorbles

And coasters made of record centers and a Crown Royal bag.

This is ridiculously awesome. I would've been stoked for the Glassjaw record alone. So everything else is like 1000 layers of icing on the cake.

My guess is ozfacter. I'm 100% confident about that. So thank you very very very very very much.

2vdqwlx.jpg

I got my package in today!

383DD50D-3253-406F-BBAA-2D8A93D63F3A-7321-00000477A1BA7AEC.jpg

Stickup Kid - Nothing About Me 7" (I've been meaning to pick this up for awhile, I just haven't)

Gypsy - Giant's Despair - White Vinyl. I've never heard of this band somehow, but I'm spinning it right now, and I'm super pumped about this. I don't know how I've missed out on them, it's right up my alley.

Polar Bear Club - Chasing Hamburg - One of my favorite bands.

NFG - Tip of the Iceburg / Takin' it Ova - 2 cd set. Sooo good.

A mix cd that I'll be jamming on my way to work in the AM, and two skate zines and a very nice note with great handwriting.

I was so pumped to open this, that I didn't even take off my coat before I tore into the package, haha. I don't know how, but I must have been channeling some Swayze Ghost shit, but I knew exactly who my SS was as soon as I saw the Stickup Kid 7". I don't want to give their name away though because I wan't it to be harder for everyone else to guess their SS.

But Thanks, Santa. :D

ok, so after a little thought, im guessing billya is my ss.

no use for a name - leche con carne

kevin seconds - good luck buttons

operation ivy - hectic 7"

face to face/rise against - split - clear

unwritten law - superman cd single

dave hause - bootleg cd show from vienna

been looking for the no use album for a little so that was good, and the two 7" are awesome. never listened to seconds solo work so ill be looking forward to that. i love hause so im definitely excited to listen to that as well. but, unwritten law is still one of my favorite bands and superman is a great song and on one of my favorite albums (ozfactor)!! so that was just icing on the cake. job well done!

im so glad i did this this year and am already looking forward to next year!

509f46722cbdb.jpg

ok, so after a little thought, im guessing billya is my ss.

no use for a name - leche con carne

kevin seconds - good luck buttons

operation ivy - hectic 7"

face to face/rise against - split - clear

unwritten law - superman cd single

dave hause - bootleg cd show from vienna

been looking for the no use album for a little so that was good, and the two 7" are awesome. never listened to seconds solo work so ill be looking forward to that. i love hause so im definitely excited to listen to that as well. but, unwritten law is still one of my favorite bands and superman is a great song and on one of my favorite albums (ozfactor)!! so that was just icing on the cake. job well done!

im so glad i did this this year and am already looking forward to next year!

Accidentally gave credit to someone else for your excellent work as my SS. My post was edited to give you the glory. You fucking rock.

Haha I sent billy that unwritten law single as part of my SS package. I found it at a thrift store for a quarter.

Yeah man. I had Andy and I was like "hmm...his name is from the album this is on, I am totally going to have to throw that in there".

I still have to take a picture of my stuff. I have that 'Mats record on the turntable right now though, so it might be a while. haha