VC Secret Santa (version 5.0) Final Update 02/07/2013

pissed i missed this was on vacation for a few weeks. is it too late or are there still spots?

It's too late, unless someone backs out.

I got one part of my gift ordered, and am waiting on a Discogs invoice for the rest (well, what I don't have already). Really hope they dig it.

this might be a stupid question, but what do we do for return address... wouldn't that give away who we are? do we just leave it out?

"Everyone please use my address as the return address. Please be sure to put VC Secret Santa, ATT: Mike De Los Santos, 2602 Burly Oak Drive, Austin, TX 78745."

Stoked for this, my SS and I have pretty similar musical tastes so this should work out well.

A little info about myself:

I'm Jacob. My life is basically summed up into music, movies, and books. I'm also a secondary english education major at my university and I want to be a high school english teacher once I graduate.

As far as music goes I'm pretty open to most all types of music. Some of my favorites are: Brand New, Mixtapes, Kevin Devine, Eisley, Saves The Day, Manchester Orchestra, Tigers Jaw, Balance and Composure, The Get Up Kids, La Dispute, The Smiths, The Front Bottoms, AFI, Alkaline Trio, and basically anything pop punk/emo/post hardcore/indie from the late 90s up to the mid 2000s and now. Lately I've been really into a lot more dreamy/atmospherey stuff and also stuff like O'Brother and Now, Now and Smashing Pumpkins. You can also check out my trade list to see what other kind of stuff i'm into. Also here's my last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/hobohunter48

For movies I'm really into indie comedies/romantic comedies/comedies/laughably bad horror/psychological movies. Some of my favorites are 500 Days of Summer, Hot Rod, Mean Girls, The Art of Getting By, Drive, Ruby Sparks, Napoleon Dynamite, Superbad, The Truman Show, Reign Over Me, Anchorman, Black Swan, Seven, Adventureland, Hamlet 2, The Wicker Man, and Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever. As far as TV mostly just comedies such as Arrested Development, Community, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Workaholics, Mission Hill, The Office (early seasons) and Malcolm In The Middle.

For books I mostly read young adult novels (Why else do you think I would want to spend my career talking about them with high schoolers?) such as Perks of Being A Wallflower, Anything by John Green, Feed, The Catcher in the Rye. However I'm open to pretty much anything except deep fantasy (some mystical elements are fine), unless you have one that's really good and think I would like. Fun fact: I have never read Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter except The Sorcerer's Stone. I like "classic/canonical" literature as well, and have been reading some mystery novels and am digging those.

That's pretty much me, and I also like animals. Hope this helps whoever has me!

I think my favorite part of this Secret Santa is getting to read what people are writing and seeing what they do outside of collecting records.

ok, lets see what i can say about myself...

my name is andy and i live outside philadelphia. some of my favorite bands are the loved ones, gaslight anthem, holy mess, unwritten law (old), bouncing souls, afi (old), mischief brew, alkaline trio, kid dynamite and strung out. im a huge fan of pop punk, raspy vocals, and "woahs". i love onyx's first album and similar rap from the early to mid 90's and also rock/alternative from the early/mid 90s as well.

i will watch just about any movie, especially if john cusak is in it, but stupid comedies and movies that are so bad that they are good are my first choices.

tv takes up my nights as i dont go out much anymore and im not to picky whats on since im usually sitting at my computer. some shows i dvr are sons of anarchy, how i met your mother, grimm, fringe, justified, the league, it always sunny, happy endings, community, and i can not wait until arrested development comes back.

my drinks of choice when i do go out are miller high life or crown royal. but i work 6 nights a week so i usually just come home and drink arizona green tea.

i dont read or watch sports. one of my favorite colors is pink, i love ewoks (who doesnt), i have 3 cats inside and another 4 (strays) that have a little house built outside and i can waste a whole day watching cat videos on youtube. im in the process of quitting smoking. and i love getting tattooed.

i think thats about it, at least im done talking about myself. hope that helps whoever my ss is.

My names allen.

I never know what to say in these things and Im too lazy to find the older threads. But I love music (like everyone here)

I like to watch movies (Pretty much anything. Horror & Comedy mainly. Love stand up as well).

I play music pretty much 24/7. I wear clothes (So theres always that).

Favorite bands are pretty obvious if you look around. I dont like Books very much unless its humorous.

I like food. I don't really eat candy or do energy drinks or coffee or anything like that. but I like snacks and stuff.

I like creative stuff. Love art. Have a bit of a dog obsession. Oh, and I have very large hair so please no hats :) they will not fit me.

i guess i should type something up.

im niku, 24, tattoos, love to travel. i do it A LOT. ive been living in the netherlands for a while, my parents just moved to dubai and im back in DC for a bit bartending. favourite colour is purple. i ride triumph motorcycles, i have a beard. i fucking love whiskey. i love craft beer. i also smoke weed.

i wear a few brands religiously -- nudie jeans, vans shoes, and members only jackets.

my favourite bands are balance and composure, thrice, if these trees could talk, citizen, circa survive, blink 182, la dispute, seahaven, the story so far, brand new etc etc.

favourite movies are the godfather, grandmas boy, donnie darko, and any tarantino movie.

favourite tv shows are lost, archer (fuck yes), weeds, californication, still standing etc etc (i enjoy tv)

i have a mild obsession with fruit snacks, fiji water, and chipotle. and holy fuck do i love cheese.

Sorry I haven't done this sooner, I'm just not very good at writing about myself.

a few of these have been major wants for a while now:

stooges - fun house

stooges - stooges

give up the ghost - we're down til we're underground

chuck ragan - covering ground

kay kay and his weathered underground - whatever the second kay kay album was called

thin lizzy - black rose: a rock legend

motorhead - overkill

death - spiritual metal physical

king diamond - them

i recently got my first blu-ray player, and despite being a huge Coen Bros fan, all I have is A Serious Man. I like hand screened posters. my favorite writers at the moment are charles portis and cormac mccarthy (all I have by both are True Grit for the former, and All The Pretty Horses, Child Of God, The Road, No Country For Old Men, and Blood Meridian from the latter).

I like all kinds of music and I'm always down to hear something new, though I'm not big on electronic music. or anything too synth-y. for the most part. i'd rather listen to death metal or banjo music or anything raw and not too keyboardy. i dont know, i'm fuckin rambling.

i'm also huge on lots of SST stuff and I don't really have any of it on vinyl, or not much...Husker Du and Minutemen are 2 of my favorite bands, and I don't have many of their records at all (check the list). same with Dead Kennedys and Fugazi.

i like handmade stuff, art, and detroit.

this post has been embarrassing and is poorly written and thought out. and my grammar and capitalization are atrocious. and i'm ugly and i don't believe in anything and nobody hugged me enough when i was little.