Funny Record Buying Experience

Figured I'd share this one since I find it pretty funny.

I went down to the Third Man Rolling Records Store last night. I had to wait about two hours before my turn and got to know a few of the folks around me pretty well. One guy is an insane Prince Collector - 400+ pieces of Prince vinyl, over 100 posters, has seen him 45 times and met his wife at a Prince Concert. Awesome. Anyway, the guy ahead of him was a young actor and we chit chatted a bit but Mr. Prince wanted to talk Third Man etc more than anything. Great guys.

Actor gets up for his turn. He was 12th in line and had spent a lot of time. He buys the Rome record but it rings up with tax to $44. He's $4 short not realizing that they charged tax. I give him the $4 and my business card and tell him to mail it to me. He waits until I'm done with my turn and we ride the Subway uptown together.

On the Subway he tells me he's going to be seeing Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson at Hammerstein. Pretty sick. Sheepishly he pulls a package of face paint from his pocket and tells me the reason he was short $5 was he bought the paint. He decided it would be funny to paint himself like a sad clown then go to the Zombie concert. He wanted to watch peoples reactions to him. I am laughing out loud on the subway at the notion partly because of the absurdity but also because I have a clown-phobia and never would have leant him money if he'd already had his face painted. I actually would have left the line rather than stand with a clown 2 hours (I know, that's shit for my therapist trust me, I've been there).

Anyway, I thought his story so awesome I wanted to share it. What a great reason to be short money. I'm glad I helped sponsor his night out in a small way.

If anyone was at the concert last night let me know if you saw an odd clown guy walking around.

This was like the scene from A Night at the Roxbury where they are talking about Emilio Estavez. Good read, sir.

This isn't vinyl related, but I was at a flea market on Saturday and I saw a food truck that said "Funnel Cake on a Stick!"

I'm in East TN so I have developed this fake redneck accent I use when I'm feeling particular southern (flea markets, nascar races..etc..) , and I just said something like "How in the T-Total Hell they gonna get funnel cakes on a stick?!" A family passed by us and I heard the dad say in his not fake, thick southern accent "I heard at boy talking bout funnel cakes on a stick, and I just gotta say, I'm kinda wonderin' how they get em on a stick too!"

The timing was perfect. Also, I bought a Karl Malone statue at the flea market. I can share pics if you'd like.

This was like the scene from A Night at the Roxbury where they are talking about Emilio Estavez. Good read, sir.

This isn't vinyl related, but I was at a flea market on Saturday and I saw a food truck that said "Funnel Cake on a Stick!"

I'm in East TN so I have developed this fake redneck accent I use when I'm feeling particular southern (flea markets, nascar races..etc..) , and I just said something like "How in the T-Total Hell they gonna get funnel cakes on a stick?!" A family passed by us and I heard the dad say in his not fake, thick southern accent "I heard at boy talking bout funnel cakes on a stick, and I just gotta say, I'm kinda wonderin' how they get em on a stick too!"

The timing was perfect. Also, I bought a Karl Malone statue at the flea market. I can share pics if you'd like.

This really sounded like something from South Park, haha.