Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

Man, I'm so glad I've never heard of this band and don't care about this release. I mean, I'm sure it's great and all and I'm probably missing out, but this thread and the waiting on this would cause me more headache than relief.

I've somewhat been following this thread, but still can't understand why Todd didn't just do a storenvy or a bigcartel. Seems like 100x more work for little to no benefit. Eh, I guess it is what it is. I know if I had to sort and ship hundreds of gift payments I'd want to blow my brains out by the week's end.

Good luck to y'all!

I promise you, if there was a single song out there, I would have beaten it out of Kody by now.

there's not a single song that's on tape that could have bean added to this box set.

Red Scare will have the Technically Unsound available for download sooner than later.

Myself, I only own one copy of Technically Unsound as I sold every last copy I had.

They were $15.00 PPD back when they came out years ago on ebay.

YES, I'm to lazy to create a proper web-site to sell the stuff I put out.

:-)

Maybe that's coming but the topic was addressed

Too lazy to set up a bigcartel but enough time to manually sort and ship hundreds of gift payments, excel spreadsheets and all? One of those routes involves more laziness than the other (I'll give you a hint: it's not the route he took).

Just playin' devil's advocate at this point, nothing more. I truly hope everyone that wants this ends up with a copy (those tie-dyes obviously look fucking awesome)...

Too lazy to set up a bigcartel but enough time to manually sort and ship hundreds of gift payments, excel spreadsheets and all? One of those routes involves more laziness than the other (I'll give you a hint: it's not the route he took).

Just playin' devil's advocate at this point, nothing more. I truly hope everyone that wants this ends up with a copy (those tie-dyes obviously look fucking awesome)...

Taking a short break to say, I'd much rather deal with everyone here one on one than set up an impersonal web business. Maybe it takes more time but I enjoy communicating with people on here who have the same interests that I do.

yeah, what todd is doing is amazing. how many other labels have personal communication with their customers like hes been doing? not many ill tell you that.

im stoked for him and all these records hes sold today, i wish i could be there to help him out!

if anyone deserves great respect its todd and his wife, some of the bigger 'independent' labels could learn a lot from them

Taking a short break to say, I'd much rather deal with everyone here one on one than set up an impersonal web business. Maybe it takes more time but I enjoy communicating with people on here who have the same interests that I do.

Shit man, more power to ya. You're a better man than I!

The anticipation is killing me but that's one of the reasons I really got into vinyl . Something about putting a few bucks into an envelope and sending it off in hopes to get something cool in return has always been fun to me . People are too accustom to getting to pick and choose what they want these days . Be content that you got any copy and if you get the one you really wanted that's a bonus ! Todd's approach to this project has been awesome and kinda brought me back to my early days of collecting vinyl . I'm just glad I was able to directly support the label .

To be fair, it is quite possible to maintain a website and have direct communication with your fans/supporters.  I guess the challenge at that level would be being able to set up your website in a way that allows such interaction but also having a storefront that steamlines certain processes.  Technology doesn't always have to be impersonal, although it certainly can be at times.

Haven't seen this tread before, but as i'm registered with fatwreck wiki i know there are collectors out there

who collect everything a label puts out. I collect records with music i like and not because they

were put out by a specific label.

Haven't seen this tread before, but as i'm registered with fatwreck wiki i know there are collectors out there

who collect everything a label puts out. I collect records with music i like and not because they

were put out by a specific label.

I dont know anybody that buys stuff based on label, but it is a way to group a bunch of releases. I would never do that, I just put them in alphabetical order.

I only collect records because I met a guy from the future that said vinyl was going to be the most in demand material in about 40 years. the stuff will be worth more than diamond-plated gold. in particular, he said that punk and heavy metal vinyl would be worth more because of the way it is pressed. so heads up, vinyl is the future. Also, invest in a company called Ameri-China Corp.

Sincerely,

Greg Ramone

http://deadformat.net/tradelist/GregRamone138