Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

PERFECTLY SAID thebigleboski.

All 500 were going to sell no matter there were variations or not.

I'm a collector myself who happens to put out records by bands that I'd want to collect myself.

Definitely rethinking the variants angle for the TBR box set as (me as a collector) I would have never thought having variants out there would have caused so much strife..

Cheers,

Todd

Your label your call. I would just suggest that if you were to make variants for TBR (I'm sure you have something new kicking around in your brain) try to keep the variants /100 or greater. TBR is probably more popular anyways, just cause they are currently active. If doing higher numbers of the variants raises the manufacturing cost, tack an extra $10 on to the price or whatever. People will gladly pay it. Making the variants more common will create less ebay-incentive (it will still be there) and people will have a better chance at getting the variant they are targeting. It's a balancing act and there is no correct answer as to what the right pressing numbers are (ie, someone will always be unhappy).

If you want to do a friends and family press /25 (say, the metal boxes you are fond of), then that's cool. Keep it to friends and family (ie, put them in the hands of people you know support the label) and tell anyone who complains "tough, start your own label if you don't like it". 

my 2 cents. 

Hey, everybody ....catch ya breath!!! Its not about who got what or who flips what.

The issue is really about the great folks at Clearview. Todd, Dede and all others associated with the effort. They are GREAT folks and really creative with their presentation of vairants over the years...Ramones covers, Lillingtons CD boxed sets, Ice Age boxed sets....etc. It takes a massive effort to put together projects like this while still having to work a day job. And I understand for very little profit.

Tip of the hat for a job well done...maybe yall can get some sleep in a couple of weeks. Dont let all the bitchin get ya down. Keep up the good work...Keep the cool ideas comin!!! From a long time Clearview fan.....Ray

I know this is easy for me to say, as I wound up with the variant I was hoping for, but I thought this was a really fun way to offer these records.  I cleared my Sunday morning and hovered over my keyboard a full thirty minutes prior to noon, and started refreshing every 3-5 seconds no later than 11:50.  By the time the "GOOOO" post showed up I was on the edge of my seat.  It was good fun - I've never been so thoroughly invested in picking up a record before.

ALSO... as someone who packs up records pretty often, I am amazed at how quickly these shipped and how accurately Todd was able to fill the items promised to each customer.

AND... so far as I know, Todd has quickly and thoroughly addressed every single issue that has arisen during this whole process.  Dude's a superhero in my book!

I know this is easy for me to say, as I wound up with the variant I was hoping for, but I thought this was a really fun way to offer these records.  I cleared my Sunday morning and hovered over my keyboard a full thirty minutes prior to noon, and started refreshing every 3-5 seconds no later than 11:50.  By the time the "GOOOO" post showed up I was on the edge of my seat.  It was good fun - I've never been so thoroughly invested in picking up a record before.

ALSO... as someone who packs up records pretty often, I am amazed at how quickly these shipped and how accurately Todd was able to fill the items promised to each customer.

AND... so far as I know, Todd has quickly and thoroughly addressed every single issue that has arisen during this whole process.  Dude's a superhero in my book!

EccentricPoP,

Thanks so much, this has been quite a challenge as we're still shipping these orders...

Shipping them has only been HALF the challenge as just keeping the orders straight as all we're using is an excel spreadsheet....

Many Many more to go....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:)

Todd