Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

EccentricPoP,

Thanks so much, this has been quite a challenge as we're still shipping these orders...

Shipping them has only been HALF the challenge as just keeping the orders straight as all we're using is an excel spreadsheet....

Many Many more to go....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:)

Todd

That little paperclip in excel helping you out?

Yes, thank you Todd for putting this out, and I think all of us can't wait for the TBR box you've got comming next.  I'll definately be on top of that one to get the variant I wanted.  I loved seeing all the updates on this, and how you kept us all updated on your progress.

My first experience with the Lillingtons was when I picked up Death by TV at a record store in Charleston SC for $7.  I had no idea who the band was, and only recognized the label they were on was a punk label.  Bought it on a whim.  Took it home, not knowing what to expect and on first listen I was hooked.  Finding that record was just one of those experiences in record collecting that makes you get hooked on collecting.  Just finding something you have no idea what it is and growing to love it.  That record has a very special place in my heart cause it was one of the first really great additions to my collection.  And now I have their complete works and couldn't be more excited!  Thanks so much Todd for everything you've done with this release!

NOPE, my ebay user ID is 16RPM as is every user ID I own.

I had 15 test pressing sets I could have sold for a boat load and I gave those away.

I have no need to secretly sell a tie dye set.

Cheers,

Todd

You realize I was joking, right?

It sucks being a collector. I hate missing Queers vinyl variants, but paying four times the selling price of something released last week is unreal.

You've sold me tons of stuff over the years that would fetch an obscene amount of money today for very reasonable prices. I just laugh when people suggest you intentionally press oddball variants to make a quick buck.

I can't even imagine what a grey Idiot Word Search LP or a black and white SOOL sleeve would bring in these days.

I wonder if/when these are gonna start showing up on eBay...

Nice to see you were able to get your copy on eBay.

Funny you were the one who first asked about these going to ebay.

You're shitty enough to have the ebay listing showing they were limited to

only 30 copies when you know damn well they were limited to 50.

ANYTHING to push that price up huh???

Please feel free to take a look at his ebay listing and feel free to bid high and often....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LILLINGTONS-Tie-Dye-6-LP-Vinyl-Box-Set-Rare-SOLD-OUT-Ltd-x-30-/151014377175

Enjoy the money,

Todd

Please feel free to take a look at his ebay listing and feel free to bid high and often....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LILLINGTONS-Tie-Dye-6-LP-Vinyl-Box-Set-Rare-SOLD-OUT-Ltd-x-30-/151014377175

Enjoy the money,

i just want to throw my two cents in and be another to say thanks for all you guys have done with this release. Its unreal how fast you got these things out, i can not wait to get mine in. So again thanks Todd, Debe, and all others involved in this thing.

Fearlessdane, you sir/madam, are the definition of toolbag.

Enjoy the money,

Todd

This is indeed the tie dye set that I ordered, but I'm not the one selling it. My fiancee knew I was interested in the set so she surprised me by ordering a bagged version. Obviously I'm going to keep the gift set. I sold the tie dye to a friend for $100. I told him it was rare and that he was free to do whatever he wanted with it.

If you don't believe me, check your records. You'll see that both a tie dye set and a bagged version were delivered to the same address.

I'll be sure to tell him the set is limited to 50 copies. Thanks.

This is indeed the tie dye set that I ordered, but I'm not the one selling it. My fiancee knew I was interested in the set so she surprised me by ordering a bagged version. Obviously I'm going to keep the gift set. I sold the tie dye to a friend for $100. I told him it was rare and that he was free to do whatever he wanted with it.

If you don't believe me, check your records. You'll see that both a tie dye set and a bagged version were delivered to the same address.

Tell your friend he's fairly shitty. 

I stay out of the flipping debate, I tend towards the "Who Cares" side of things honestly. What differentiates this from other cases is that Clearview entered this with such good intentions. They kept prices low by selling direct to fans and have gone out of their way to live up to the punk ethos. Their communication and acceptance of fan feedback has been commendable - it's so damn obvious that they created this first and foremost for fans. There are many reasons to sell an item but to buy and then sell it in this instance is scummy. 

Now, why with a thread full of people ready to sell their lung to get a copy of this did you decide to toss it off to some shitball friend of yours who had no interest? You could have honored what Clearview created by putting it in the hands of someone that cared and instead I foresee your pal getting an unpaid item case in the end. 

Finally, I help a ton of people on here get limited items at cost. Don't ever ask me for a favor. 

Peace. 

Tell your friend he's fairly shitty. 

I stay out of the flipping debate, I tend towards the "Who Cares" side of things honestly. What differentiates this from other cases is that Clearview entered this with such good intentions. They kept prices low by selling direct to fans and have gone out of their way to live up to the punk ethos. Their communication and acceptance of fan feedback has been commendable - it's so damn obvious that they created this first and foremost for fans. There are many reasons to sell an item but to buy and then sell it in this instance is scummy. 

Now, why with a thread full of people ready to sell their lung to get a copy of this did you decide to toss it off to some shitball friend of yours who had no interest? You could have honored what Clearview created by putting it in the hands of someone that cared and instead I foresee your pal getting an unpaid item case in the end. 

Finally, I help a ton of people on here get limited items at cost. Don't ever ask me for a favor. 

Peace. 

I'll be sure to tell him.

He is not a member of the VC board and is not aware of the amount of people wanting a copy. I simply offered him the chance to buy it because he is a friend and fellow vinyl collector. It was his choice what to do with it. 

I'll also let him know that in the case of an un-paid buyer, he has the option to try and sell it to a VC member. Again, it's his choice.

eBay or otherwise, I'm sure this will end up in the hands of someone who legitimately wants it. Rest easy.

Smells like fiction.

It's not a witch hunt. Every so often people put their hearts in the right place in the name of music and I still appreciate that. This is one of those times. It simply makes sense to put it in the hands of someone that cared as much as the label. 

I honestly hate getting into shit like this. Flipping is reality in this hobby. Clearview created a limited item that was going to stir passions but I think it's obvious they did this project with all good intentions and I find that honorable.