Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

Hahaha, yeah, he just sold the tie die set to a random friend at cost who isn't aware of the demand yet immediately lists it on eBay... Sounds VERY likely!

Like I said, I told him it was rare and that he could at least make his money back on it if he so desired.

I'm through explaining myself on this situation. Just wanted Todd to hear the facts.

I'll be sure to tell him.

He is not a member of the VC board and is not aware of the amount of people wanting a copy. I simply offered him the chance to buy it because he is a friend and fellow vinyl collector. It was his choice what to do with it. 

I'll also let him know that in the case of an un-paid buyer, he has the option to try and sell it to a VC member. Again, it's his choice.

eBay or otherwise, I'm sure this will end up in the hands of someone who legitimately wants it. Rest easy.

Interesting that your "friend" isnt a VC member and yet he knew that people on the board were discussing bumping up his bid on ebay.....

It's not a witch hunt. Every so often people put their hearts in the right place in the name of music and I still appreciate that. This is one of those times. It simply makes sense to put it in the hands of someone that cared as much as the label. 

I honestly hate getting into shit like this. Flipping is reality in this hobby. Clearview created a limited item that was going to stir passions but I think it's obvious they did this project with all good intentions and I find that honorable. 

Yes, their hearts are in the right place. So is yours. But publicly shaming someone for selling records on eBay is lame. I love what Todd and his wife did with this release, the effort they put in and all of that. I can't wait to spin my standard copy - I wasn't lucky enough to score tie-dye. But, I think it's really lame for a label to call out a flipper on a forum. Send a PM, message them through eBay, whatever. Don't call them out publicly and encourage people to sabotage their auction.

People are getting so bent out of shape about what? Six records. Think of how idiotic that is. Six round discs - a luxury item for many people - have made this guy VC's Steve Bartman.

I'll be sure to tell him.

He is not a member of the VC board and is not aware of the amount of people wanting a copy. I simply offered him the chance to buy it because he is a friend and fellow vinyl collector. It was his choice what to do with it. 

I'll also let him know that in the case of an un-paid buyer, he has the option to try and sell it to a VC member. Again, it's his choice.

eBay or otherwise, I'm sure this will end up in the hands of someone who legitimately wants it. Rest easy.

Bro, come on.  Bro.  Just be real.  If you came on here and were just honest and said that you bought 2 sets, one to flip and one to keep, I think most people would have just let this died.  Coming up with a cockamamie story just makes you look like a tool.

With that said I bought two sets, but I plan on giving the Metal Box to my mom and the Bagged version to my dad.  If they both hit the ebay it's all my mommy and daddys fault.

Bro, come on.  Bro.  Just be real.  If you came on here and were just honest and said that you bought 2 sets, one to flip and one to keep, I think most people would have just let this died.  Coming up with a cockamamie story just makes you look like a tool.

With that said I bought two sets, but I plan on giving the Metal Box to my mom and the Bagged version to my dad.  If they both hit the ebay it's all my mommy and daddys fault.

Thats a good one....

You're probably right Hickey. Not my style with this stuff. Something on this one hits me the wrong way but I don't feel too bad about sharing my opinion on honoring intentions. I apologize for raising the temperature in the room. 

I love the Steve Bartman analogy. That guy had a great set of headphones. 

I bought two sets; my wife would of kicked my ass for spending so much for it but I put in extra  hours at work and sold vacation time to get them. I don’t plan on selling them. Just a really,really big fan of Kody and all his work. Got me thru a lot of shitty times and have lot memories with his music. Like singing cadence in Kuwait to my platoon and having about 45 or so grown Army men and women running and singing "Black hole in my Mind" that shit is priceless. So yeah I really wanted this; sucks that I couldn’t get the regular set with all the rainbow of colors my little girl really wanted that Backchannel Broadcast on Blue Vinyl.