Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

Yes, their hearts are in the right place. So is yours. But publicly shaming someone for selling records on eBay is lame. I love what Todd and his wife did with this release, the effort they put in and all of that. I can't wait to spin my standard copy - I wasn't lucky enough to score tie-dye. But, I think it's really lame for a label to call out a flipper on a forum. Send a PM, message them through eBay, whatever. Don't call them out publicly and encourage people to sabotage their auction.

People are getting so bent out of shape about what? Six records. Think of how idiotic that is. Six round discs - a luxury item for many people - have made this guy VC's Steve Bartman.

My main bitch was that he listed it as limited to 30 and not to 50.

I've known since day one who listed this record but wasn't going to say anything but today I noticed that he had it listed as being limited to something it wasn't.   I'm always amazed that anytime a record is listed as being limited to a specific number, but the number is wrong, it's always listed as to low. 

Todd, if you would care to know I had already decided that if I ever get rid of the test press, I would find someone with a nice collection who was missing it and offer it for postage. Would feel morally wrong to auction something I was given as a gift and I think of someone who tries to do the right thing when I can. And that's not saying I don't ebay records for money sometimes, just not that one.

That said, I am happy to have it now and anyone who messages me with "if you ever sell it, email me" now will throw themselves OUT of the running.

Like I said, I told him it was rare and that he could at least make his money back on it if he so desired.

I'm through explaining myself on this situation. Just wanted Todd to hear the facts.

I wasn't sure whether to believe you or not. Then I looked at the other items your "friend" was selling on his eBay. Oh yeah, some mewithoutyou LP's. Oh wait, you posted in that thread about buying those as well. Did you sell those LP's to your friend as well?

Dude, your story is weak and regardless if you put them on eBay or not, it's funny that you post some bullshit story, yet, to me, it's pretty obvious you're the one listing this shit.  :lol:

there were also a good share of 16RPM's made for cars.

That's right, cars for a very short time had record players in them.

Make a 16 RPM variant for the TBR box set! No one will be able to play it. It will be a total wall hanger but will still sell out immediately.

Then include a handwritten message in each saying "you are retarded for buying this record but thanks for the money!"

Make a 16 RPM variant for the TBR box set! No one will be able to play it. It will be a total wall hanger but will still sell out immediately.

Then include a handwritten message in each saying "you are retarded for buying this record but thanks for the money!"

I could play it. I have a player that can play at 16rpm.

Guest mastenator

Wow. The A side of my Backchannel Broadcast is the live A side of Technically Unsound and the A side of that TU is  the A side of BCB. Anybody else? 

Wow. The A side of my Backchannel Broadcast is the live A side of Technically Unsound and the A side of that TU is  the A side of BCB. Anybody else? 

wow, indeed.  ill reserve judgement but its not unreasonable to think that every set is this way, given that there may only be one set of stampers  if they were mismatched then it could affect every set.