Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

The easiest way to describe them to someone who doesn't listen to this type of music is that they have a sound similar to the Ramones. I'm assuming you have heard of them. Lots of videos on youtube to check out and give them a chance.

Might check them out...however, not too much into Ramones as well ;)

"It may be might crappy record player but all but 2 of these lps aren't quite circular and catch on the part of the player that the arm rests on making them unplayable." - My friend posted this on another forum and I have the same issue with the Sack LP (have not tried the Lillingtons yet), anyone else?

If anyone has a problem with any of your records, and all you're doing is posting on this forum that it sucks and you don't go to the source of your complaint (me, the person you bought it from), then all you're doing is BITCHING. Nobody has PM'd me saying "hey there, my record skips, what do I need to do". Talk minus action equals zero or in this case,  bitching.... 

Stop complaining and write me so we can take care of any issue....

Thank you and have a great day......

Todd

If anyone has a problem with any of your records, and all you're doing is posting on this forum that it sucks and you don't go to the source of your complaint (me, the person you bought it from), then all you're doing is BITCHING. Nobody has PM'd me saying "hey there, my record skips, what do I need to do". Talk minus action equals zero or in this case,  bitching.... 

Todd

Fair enough, you now have a PM

There was a section of a song on backchannel broadcast that was skipping.

I popped it off my turntable looked at it. There was some debris on there.

Blew really hard and it came off.

Record played perfect after that.

If someone has one of those super cheap turntables with no counter-weight on the tone-arm, I dont know how they could play most new records. Everything that comes out of pirates press/gz looks like they dumped a bag of sand in each record.

Tone arm would be bouncing all over the place.

If your record skips do yourself a favor buy a piece of velvet fabric from a local fabric/knitting type store and wipe your record down.

You can probably find record cleaner solution and a brush online...most likely that will fix your problem.

My turntable stopped working the day I got back from Philly! Next week I'm getting a new one but I only have like maybe 250$ to spend... not sure what to buy!

Whole subforum for this. Some dudes that are audio professionals. Let them know what you have to spend and they will help you out.

So I gathered from the tomfoolery on the previous pages that there are some pressing errors. Not to mention I put on Backchannel Broadcast and Technically Unsound started playing.

Can someone give me a rundown of which sides are switched?

That's the only mistake. The A sides of those two albums are switched.

Whole subforum for this. Some dudes that are professional audio professionals. Let them know what you have to spend and they will help you out.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice!! I was gonna poke around here more... Vc seems real chill compared to alot of other message boards. I knew about it for awhile and lurked from time to time but the lillingtons set got me to sign up! I got out of collecting for a few yrs... after loosing a bunch of records, it took me awhile to start collecting vinyl again!

Todd

Usually, I'd agree. Like those pictures showing the spine split and whatever. But it sounded like in this instance the person was asking if anyone else's records were like that. It didn't sound like bitching, it sounded like they were asking a question. I think even the tone was kind of self-blaming (maybe it's my crappy turntable).