Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

Mine was in transit less than a week and the sleeve for DBT is fucked. It would've taken less than 30 seconds per box set to pull the records out of their jackets.

I'm not trying to complain. This will be my favorite release of the year and a prized part of my collection. I truly appreciate the time and effort Todd and his wife put into this. But it is a little disappointing to anticipate something like this and find a beat up jacket, especially for DBT, and then be told that 30 seconds is too long to have spent making sure that something like that didn't happen.

You really have no idea how long this project took and how much labor went into it, what seems like such a simple solution of "30 seconds per box set" is not realistic in the least. That being said, if anyone has a messed up jacket, we will gladly replace it, just send an email to crvwrecords@gmail . com (lose the space) . We have done our honest best to make sure anyone who has an issue with their copy is satisfied. We have tweaked the packaging as well to try to avoid further damage but we have sent out hundreds of records and have only had 3 complaints of damaged spines. 

You really have no idea how long this project took and how much labor went into it, what seems like such a simple solution of "30 seconds per box set" is not realistic in the least. That being said, if anyone has a messed up jacket, we will gladly replace it, just send an email to crvwrecords@gmail . com (lose the space) . We have done our honest best to make sure anyone who has an issue with their copy is satisfied. We have tweaked the packaging as well to try to avoid further damage but we have sent out hundreds of records and have only had 3 complaints of damaged spines. 

I'm putting words in someone else's mouth but I think he is coming at it more from "Clearview put months of time and probably $50k will change hands through these sales, all culminating to them showing up on our doorsteps...it's a shame if they don't show up as intended".

How much packaging time takes, how frequently they happen, etc we have no idea. If it's more feasible for you to replace jackets than ship outside the jackets, then I think everyone can respect that decision.

Hope it is only 3 / 500!

I'm putting words in someone else's mouth but I think he is coming at it more from "Clearview put months of time and probably $50k will change hands through these sales, all culminating to them showing up on our doorsteps...it's a shame if they don't show up as intended".

How much packaging time takes, how frequently they happen, etc we have no idea. If it's more feasible for you to replace jackets than ship outside the jackets, then I think everyone can respect that decision.

Hope it is only 3 / 500!

I understand where the guy is coming from but if you complain here and don't give us a chance to fix the issue there's nothing we can do about it. Also, no matter how the records are packed there are bound to be issues, we are doing our very best to minimize these issues and we have tweaked and will continue to tweak our packaging process as needed.

I honestly did not order this box, but if the Teenage Bottlerocket set is being handled by Todd as well I can't wait to see/hear it and will not hesitate to give him my money. Stand up dude, especially considering how this thread turned from very positive to very negative. Keep up the good work dude!

This is just the nature of mail order. I buy lots of records in the mail and many arrive with spine splits, corner bumps and bends. It happens when companies have loads of product to send. My Fat Decline "Yellow" LPs all had spine splits. Its just a roll of the dice as to how the package is handled. Many collectors who are sending out just a few LPs have time to remove the record from the jacket and wrap in bubble wrap, not so if you have to send loads of stuff. Much less many people want their stuff sealed. Todd is really being fair offering to replace damage.

Heres one that will drive you crazy and keep you up at nite...years ago (in the 70's) I worked for UPS loading trucks while in college. You cant imagine how many packages ive seen thrown, dropped,and basically mishandled. At Fed X ALL packages no matter where they originate from are flown to Memphis TN and run down a maze of shoots...stacking up, banging together, etc. Damage can happen no matter how well they are packaged. Not sure how US mail does it. Try to be more understanding especally when Todd is willing to correct the problems.

...Ray

looks like mine should be waiting for me when i get home from work tonight. beyond excited to finally have this.

FYI - if anyone is looking for a 1st press Death by Television, Arrows Aim in Gainesville has a copy hanging on their wall for $80.  i know its steep but im sure there are people still searching for the 1st press.