PO: husband&wife "Dark Dark Woods" (FFO: David Bazan, Mineral, Good Music, etc.)

MOM007_Mockup.jpg

Originally released on CD during the winter of 2009, the magnificent sophomore release from Bloomington, Indiana's husband&wife is now available on vinyl!

This opus contains everything that you would expect from a hard working band from the mid-west - it's honest, it's relatable, it's melancholy and it will tug at your soul from the brooding introduction of "Comp Jam" to the repetitive horn outro of "You Remain Unloved."

Coming from Mind Over Matter Records, you can expect a few commonalities with our releases. The jacket is die-cut, each release hand-numbered, re-imagined artwork from the CD release that was hand-printed, and (of course) super limited. The pressing info is as follows:

12 Test Pressings (alternate artwork)

110 White

165 Opaque Red

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE
Each release also comes with a bonus CD titled "Seems Like The Same Sound: Dark Dark Woods Remixed" which features the entire album as interpreted by Adam Jessup! Worlds apart from the original release, this version is ambient, noisy and distant...somehow more appropriately living up to the name of a release that has the word "dark" repeated twice in the title.

Order your copies here!!! - http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com'>www.mindovermatterrecords.com

Congratulations to Logan White from Indiana - our winner of the test press giveaway!  Preorders always get a little something special here at MOMR.

Listen to both version of the record below:
http://mindovermatterrecords.bandcamp.com/album/dark-dark-woods-2'>Dark Dark Woods @ Bandcamp
http://mindovermatterrecords.bandcamp.com/album/seems-like-the-same-sound-dark-dark-woods-remixed'>Seems Like The Same Sound: Dark Dark Woods Remixed @ Bandcamp

Ordering the crap out of this.

Knew you'd comment in this thread, Ryan!

Can't wait! Operation:Surgery should be pressed too

Operation; Surgery is such a solid record...but then again, all their records are awesome.

I don't think I have ever been more excited for a record. Will be ordering at noon on Saturday!

If the band is into it, I might do Operation:Surgery as well, because it does totally rule.

Also, I look forward to hearing people's thoughts on the Seems Like The Same Sound audio. If people dig it, it may surface one day as a double LP, black on black on black, maybe 100 copies.

Lastly, this album sounds perfect. You guys are going to love it!