Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar 2xLP red vinyl exclusive to Hot Topic

travis

Holy fuck people chill out, same thing happened with Midtown, be easy, it'll get fixed soon enough. It was a press of 1500, I highly doubt that 1500 copies sold out in 16 hours. As I'm sure if it does, Travis will have it repressed, don't get your panties in a bunch. and if not, try eBay............

Just popped a vein on customer service.  I love Travis and everything he does, BUT FUCK HOT TOPIC (cust service sucks and for fucking me on hot cash, AND for having a completely inadequate ordering system) AND FUCK THE PEOPLE ORDERING A FUCK TON OF COPIES YOU PIECES OF FUCKING FLOTSAM SHIT. fuck.  This has sent me over the edge, i may kill myself.

I think that's a bit of an over-reaction... but kudos on the use of flotsam. Not a word commonly used in crazy irrational tirades. I dig it.

So I went to the Gurnee, IL store to try to figure out what the hell is going on and the girl called customer service for me and apparently one person ordered over 200 copies of the vinyl. She tried looking up the SKU and she says that there are no more copies in the entire company.

I am really frustrated and upset. Tthey really should have a limit on how many copies people can buy. Now some asshole is going to put them up on eBay and this Discogs and try to profit off of them when all I wanted was to just listen to one single record. Fucking bullshit.

So I went to the Gurnee, IL store to try to figure out what the hell is going on and the girl called customer service for me and apparently one person ordered over 200 copies of the vinyl. She tried looking up the SKU and she says that there are no more copies in the entire company.

I am really frustrated and upset. Tthey really should have a limit on how many copies people can buy. Now some asshole is going to put them up on eBay and this Discogs and try to profit off of them when all I wanted was to just listen to one single record. Fucking bullshit.

One person ordered 200 copies??? Uhhhh what? I'm assuming that that person got a nice cancellation email like the rest of us.

Look I'm just telling you what the employee and customer service said but apparently the person who ordered 200 copies got their order filled.

Oh, I believe you were told that. Thanks for passing that along. I just don't believe that it actually happened - especially with one off orders getting canceled! 

So I'm to believe someone dropped roughly 4400 dollars on MM records? I'm sorry but that's horse shit! I'm going to assume that they put the press up too early and didn't know the stock and now we're having these issues. It'll get fixed and hopefully everyone's butt will too. I didn't know that MM had such a huge following on VC, either.

So I'm to believe someone dropped roughly 4400 dollars on MM records? I'm sorry but that's horse shit! I'm going to assume that they put the press up too early and didn't know the stock and now we're having these issues. It'll get fixed and hopefully everyone's butt will too. I didn't know that MM had such a huge following on VC, either.

Yeah i don't see someone spending that much when it could easily be repressed. Way too risky. It's still just very hard for me to believe that they sold out that quick when it seems most everyone's orders here got cancelled. And from a MM forum i checked the same thing happened to those people as well. So unless they only had around 200 copies this person bought them all immediately this is just a webstore fuckup. . So i'm hoping your theory is correct.

i wouldn't be surprised if someone bought 200 copies of it..it's like when Ni No Kuni Wizard edition came out and that canadian company ordered 200 copies, got all of them and resold them on Ebay for a huge mark up while people who ordered 1 copy of the game were getting out of stock e-mails and refunds. Companies that normally handle limited edition items will always try to fill the big orders first to make the money.

Yeah i don't see someone spending that much when it could easily be repressed. Way too risky. It's still just very hard for me to believe that they sold out that quick when it seems most everyone's orders here got cancelled. And from a MM forum i checked the same thing happened to those people as well. So unless they only had around 200 copies this person bought them all immediately this is just a webstore fuckup. . So i'm hoping your theory is correct.

It happened when they released one of the Midtown albums in December, I ordered twice and both were canceled because their inventory system hadn't updated yet. Both MT releases are still on the website, as much as I may be eating my words in a few days I HIGHLY doubt a Manson press will sell out at all. I feel like the "new breed" of collectors will pass over this and I truly can't see flippers going ape shit over this either. Blink, Thrice, and Fall Out Boy are big with both and MM is not in the vein of any of the hotter fast selling/flipper items. 

I definitely agree with what's being posted. I wasn't sure if this would sell out fast or not but being that it's an exclusive to Hot Topic, I figured maybe other record stores, etc would be ordering for their stock.  Certainly not 200 copies of it though, so I really have no idea who would order that many of them.  Unless it were Marilyn Manson himself haha.

I mean honestly, I don't give shit who you are, no one is ordering 200 copies of the same record. I highly doubt anyone on here has the balls, cash, and/or the time to think they could even get rid of 200 records let alone pack them. It's just too much work and makes no sense. HT probably uses "someone bought 200 of them" because, really there's no rebuttle to that. Seriously I have over 200 records sitting next to me at the moment (my collection) and I'll be damned if I'm gonna have that many records shipped to me and then pack those fuckers up. It's almost unfathomable to do such a thing. Also, I placed my order at 3:15 this morning EST and don't have a cancellation (but I'm sure I'll have one now that I put it out for the world)