Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar 2xLP red vinyl exclusive to Hot Topic

travis

It happened when they released one of the Midtown albums in December, I ordered twice and both were canceled because their inventory system hadn't updated yet. Both MT releases are still on the website, as much as I may be eating my words in a few days I HIGHLY doubt a Manson press will sell out at all. I feel like the "new breed" of collectors will pass over this and I truly can't see flippers going ape shit over this either. Blink, Thrice, and Fall Out Boy are big with both and MM is not in the vein of any of the hotter fast selling/flipper items. 

When The Portrait of an American Family got repressed didn't it have to be moved to clearance since it didn't sell well? So I highly doubt Antichrist Superstar would sell out this quickly. Anyway, I guess I would be considered the "new breed" of collectors but I'm not idiotic enough to skip over the genius in the past. So now is the time we wait for Travis' official word on this.

When The Portrait of an American Family got repressed didn't it have to be moved to clearance since it didn't sell well? So I highly doubt Antichrist Superstar would sell out this quickly. Anyway, I guess I would be considered the "new breed" of collectors but I'm not idiotic enough to skip over the genius in the past. So now is the time we wait for Travis' official word on this.

in fairness, that american family repress came in a piece of shit box that was supposed to house a t-shirt (apparently, at all times).

So I just called to check on my order being that it says not picked and the dude said it was cancelled.  I asked how that could be since if you try to add something to your cart and there isn't enough stock it doesn't let you (it would let you add 99 last night).  He said this was set up as some kind of preorder or something and when the orders went to their warehouse and were physically picked they cancelled the orders that they couldn't fill.  He said they probably will be getting more but he doesn't know when.  I think the whole thing is a little fishy.

So I just called to check on my order being that it says not picked and the dude said it was cancelled.  I asked how that could be since if you try to add something to your cart and there isn't enough stock it doesn't let you (it would let you add 99 last night).  He said this was set up as some kind of preorder or something and when the orders went to their warehouse and were physically picked they cancelled the orders that they couldn't fill.  He said they probably will be getting more but he doesn't know when.  I think the whole thing is a little fishy.

Have you read anything I've written on the past 3 pages?

It's a lot of people complaining that have 100 or less posts, chill out! HT is a retailer, they're not some indie label trying to not piss off their customers. They are targeted at tween/teen demographic, if their vinyl section falls out they will still receive millions in revenue off the rest of their stores and site. Travis' job is to get vinyl pressed that he/they think will sell, some do better than others obviously, I highly doubt someone is running around at their office going" fuck, we're so fucked because we glitched again on another record" once the warehouse or QC gets the stock up it'll go back up and everyone will get butt healed and their record. I can guarantee this situation will happen again sooner rather than later and the same conspiracy theories that plague this board will continue to happen.

It's a lot of people complaining that have 100 or less posts, chill out! HT is a retailer, they're not some indie label trying to not piss off their customers. They are targeted at tween/teen demographic, if their vinyl section falls out they will still receive millions in revenue off the rest of their stores and site. Travis' job is to get vinyl pressed that he/they think will sell, some do better than others obviously, I highly doubt someone is running around at their office going" fuck, we're so fucked because we glitched again on another record" once the warehouse or QC gets the stock up it'll go back up and everyone will get butt healed and their record. I can guarantee this situation will happen again sooner rather than later and the same conspiracy theories that plague this board will continue to happen.

i skimmed through what you wrote on the last few pages just because you were bitching just like everybody else.  Also don't pull the less than 100 posts crap with me.  I don't buy into the elitist bullshit on here.  Just cause I don't post a lot doesn't mean I don't buy, spin and have as many records as people with more posts than me.  let me bow down because you have a whopping 1100 posts.  if you're so knowledgeable maybe you should go work for hottopic.com and prevent this stuff from happening oh mighty one.

This same thing happened last year with Vheissu everyone (myself included) stayed up all night and ate Doritos tacos from Taco Bell and wondered when the fuck Vheissu is going up. It went up, sold out, Travis repressed it. Everyone that wanted a copy got one, the flipper prices came down from hundreds of dollars because of how flooded the stock was, have some patients. 

Wow, relax everyone. You will all be able to get a copy shortly. There have been a couple release go up lately before they were supposed to. It's not sold out yet. I don't think a single copy has actually been sold on HT.com yet. When it goes up before its supposed any orders placed get canceled because the systems sees it as having no stock yet. Sorry for the inconvenience, these should be up for real soon. No need to freak out or go to ebay, there's still a ton of these left. If they sell out really quick, we'll get more pressed.

i skimmed through what you wrote on the last few pages just because you were bitching just like everybody else.  Also don't pull the less than 100 posts crap with me.  I don't buy into the elitist bullshit on here.  Just cause I don't post a lot doesn't mean I don't buy, spin and have as many records as people with more posts than me.  let me bow down because you have a whopping 1100 posts.  if you're so knowledgeable maybe you should go work for hottopic.com and prevent this stuff from happening oh mighty one.

Really, bitching? As I remember I was telling everyone that it would be ok and everyone who wants one will most likely get one. I'm not pulling the less than 100 posts on you and I'm hardly an elitist on here lol! I was never accusing you of not buying and "spinning" records nor am I asking you to bow down, dick hole, maybe just read before you post stupid shit. Also, I don't want to work for HT, I enjoy my job as a teacher. However, being a member here for 3 years and having been in threads where this happened before I'm offering my insight on how things played out. LURK HARD SON! 

Wow, relax everyone. You will all be able to get a copy shortly. There have been a couple release go up lately before they were supposed to. It's not sold out yet. I don't think a single copy has actually been sold on HT.com yet. When it goes up before its supposed any orders placed get canceled because the systems sees it as having no stock yet. Sorry for the inconvenience, these should be up for real soon. No need to freak out or go to ebay, there's still a ton of these left. If they sell out really quick, we'll get more pressed.

Can we lock this fucking thread now?