your most precious picture disc

i have 40+ pic discs in my vinyl chest....

i always exciting to see how the layout designer will cut or edit good illustration for put it on vinyl shape.

for me,i very disappointed in Sick Of It All : Just A Look Around and Blood,Sweat and Tears,Agnostic Front : Best Of that released by Street Justic Records (Germany)....i think the resolution of picture should higher than it appeared.

i think Goodlife Recording (Belgium) done better.Most Precious Blood : Nothing in Vain,Poison The Well : Tears from the Red,Nora : Loser's Intuition and Eighteen Visions (RIP) : Vanity are better.

all of Sublime (RIP Brad Nowell) albums's picture disc is average on one side like 4 coloured version of 40 Oz to Freedom.

The Used : In Love and Death Pic Disc is awesome...althrough their sophomore album is worse than debut but illustrator on both side is awesome...Alex Pardee is cool illustrator.

Horse The Band : Pizza EP is weird and awesome.i love all in this packet,especially lyrics note that appear on pizza restaurant's promotional tickets.

Indecision : Most Precios Blood is good pic disc too...i think layout designer composed the good view on shape of vinyl...perfect !

share your favourite/not good enough pic disc here...

:-X:-X:-X

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- NOFX - Leave It Alone (Clear Edges)

- Dropkick Murphys - Blackout

- Transplants - Gangsters And Thugs (Shaped)

- The Mars Volta - L'Via L'Viaquez

- Tiger Army - Ghost Tigers EP

- Rancid - ...And Out Come The Wolves

- AFI - Self-Titled

- The Mars Volta - Inertiatic ESP

^^ that's all I have in 10"/LP... I have 7" picture discs also, too lazy to list them. My favorite has to be the NOFX - Leave It Alone. Although it looks cooler with black edges, gotta find me one.

I agree with PS, for some reason I'm not impressed/excited by picture discs at all. Although I would like to get all of the Rancid picture discs, but only because they'd make for great room decor.

Here are the few I own:

MxPx - At the Show

New Found Glory - S/T

Dashboard Confessional - 10" (2 songs, forgot which)

Also, is anyone familiar with the movielife's "has a gambling problem" LP? I own that but wouldn't exactly call it a picture disc. Its got a big dice and movie life logo in the center but it's not thick and looks like a typical 12". What would you call that?

Alkaline Trio - "All On Black" (Picture Disc) 7"

Alkaline Trio - "Private Eye" (Picture Disc) 7"

Alkaline Trio - "Stupid Kid" (Picture Disc) 7"

Breather Resist - "Patent Cruciform" (Picture Disc/Casket Shaped) 10"

Bear vs Shark - "Terrorhawk" - Friction Records fric-034b (picture disc/2nd press/of 200) (the art on this is great) 12"

Bronx, The - "Bats" - Tarantulas Records (Picture Disc) 12"

Guest conoley

That HORSE one is rad, but I don't have it. So is Terrorhawk.

My favorite, though, is the Hot Water Music/Alkaline Trio split.

Picture discs are mostly overrated. Sometimes it can be an awesome piece for a collection, but the tendency bands have to repress their whole catalogue on picture discs is lame at best. The only reason I bought that Rancid PD is because at the time the "original" press on black for And Out Come The Wolves was pretty hard to find... I now have both copies and the black one is 10 thousand times better looking / nicer.

i dont really enjoy picture discs unless they come in some sort of packaging other than that flimsy clear plastic that always breaks along the edges. i like having a sleeve to hold and look at with a nice insert.

that being said, is why i love my Earth - Hex 2LP pic disc. the gatefold sleeve is super high quality cardboard stock and the artwork on the sleeve and the LPs is mindblowing. god i love Southern Lord vinyl.

before I had to sell it, my fave was probably the Anti-Flag/Dread split:

http://burntwolf.com/index.php?title=Anti-Flag/The_Dread

I've been looking for the Dwarves Blood Guts Pussy pic disc for a while. I scored a red vinyl copy cheap at a record store.

I was also stoked when I found Mudhoney's Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge cheap.

http://burntwolf.com/index.php?title=Every_Good_Boy_Deserves_Fudge

Oh, and 500 Miles to Glory comp I thought was a cool pic disc.

http://burntwolf.com/index.php?title=500_Miles_to_Glory

The Strike Anywhere To Live in Discontent I thought was cool too:

http://burntwolf.com/index.php?title=To_Live_in_Discontent

Those Rancid/OpIvy pic discs were especially lame because they were super lazy and just got off the tracklist when they ran out of space.

i dont really enjoy picture discs unless they come in some sort of packaging other than that flimsy clear plastic that always breaks along the edges. i like having a sleeve to hold and look at with a nice insert.

Tell me about it! I don't have a single picture disc that doesn't have a broken edge somewhere. I usually just put them in dj sleeves to keep them nice...

That being said, I think records with a silk-screened side are a billion times cooler than picture discs. I have 3 versions of the Yesterday's Ring - Back From El Rancho like that and I used to have 3-4 copies of the Motion City Soundtrack / Limbeck Split 7"... Those look awesome!

http://decline.dark-bliss.net/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=cache&media=http%3A%2F%2Fi139.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq312%2Fd3clin3%2FL0121%2FL0121-02.jpg

i agree. my a life once lost - great artist pic disc sits in a white protective sleeve so it doesnt stick out of the sides.

i also love sillkscreened sides. i have a pressing of Behold The Arctopus' - nano nucleonic cyborg summoning on white vinyl with a purple silkscreen on the b-side. its killer.

plus the house of low culture clear colored records hydrahead put out a few years back are gorgeous. now that i think about it. that too came in a flimsy pic disc sleeve, but the cardboard insert seems to make it all okay for me. go figure.

before I had to sell it, my fave was probably the Anti-Flag/Dread split:

http://burntwolf.com/index.php?title=Anti-Flag/The_Dread

I just found a copy of this. besides being oop, is it rare/valuable do you know? I have no problem getting rid of it if you're intersted in buying it.

nah, if I wanted it anymore I'd have kept it (I had just kept it for so long because of the Olivia-Betty Page art). They seem to show up pretty regularly, but I've seen it go from $15-$45 or so. I can't remember how much mine went for, but it was around the higher end at the time.

I just found a copy of this. besides being oop, is it rare/valuable do you know? I have no problem getting rid of it if you're intersted in buying it.

nah, if I wanted it anymore I'd have kept it (I had just kept it for so long because of the Olivia-Betty Page art). They seem to show up pretty regularly, but I've seen it go from $15-$45 or so. I can't remember how much mine went for, but it was around the higher end at the time.

good to know. thanks.

i agree with all that has been said about the respressing and whatnot... and to be honest, i stay away from buying most of the pic discs... i would rather have a color press instead but i dont have a few that i enjoy.

Like everyone else, i love my horse the band pic disc.

the screeching weasel - jesus hates you

fyp / propagandhi split 7"

electric frankenstein - devil dust 7"

and i think i saw a as friends rust picture disc somewhere that looked good, however i dont own it

I agree with PS, for some reason I'm not impressed/excited by picture discs at all. Although I would like to get all of the Rancid picture discs, but only because they'd make for great room decor.

Here are the few I own:

MxPx - At the Show

New Found Glory - S/T

Dashboard Confessional - 10" (2 songs, forgot which)

Also, is anyone familiar with the movielife's "has a gambling problem" LP? I own that but wouldn't exactly call it a picture disc. Its got a big dice and movie life logo in the center but it's not thick and looks like a typical 12". What would you call that?

I was wondering the same thing. I have Less Than Jake's Pezcore on clear vinyl and it has pez dispensers on it as well(just like the movielife vinyl)

My Circa pic. disc is REALLY amazing. Esao did the artwork and its basically just a continuation from the cd artwork. i just wish they would of done a nice marbling or inside out to compliment the great artwork :-[.

on and the quality is outstanding as well, Anthony's voice sounds sadder and more distinct, really no words to describe it.

and i think i saw a as friends rust picture disc somewhere that looked good, however i dont own it

yea, I have that pic disc. it's pretty cool, has a live shot of the band on one side and an illustration on the other. god I love that band.

I noticed in your list that you have the As Friends Rust fan series 7" do you know if they were pressed on any other colors? I have it on blue swirl.

yea, I have that pic disc. it's pretty cool, has a live shot of the band on one side and an illustration on the other. god I love that band.

I noticed in your list that you have the As Friends Rust fan series 7" do you know if they were pressed on any other colors? I have it on blue swirl.

I have no idea. I just try and pick things up by them when I see them.

My Circa pic. disc is REALLY amazing. Esao did the artwork and its basically just a continuation from the cd artwork. i just wish they would of done a nice marbling or inside out to compliment the great artwork :-[.

on and the quality is outstanding as well, Anthony's voice sounds sadder and more distinct, really no words to describe it.

I'd love to see pictures of that record.