HUM - You'd Prefer An Astronaut LP from SRC All Pressings Discussion

jhulud

I think you want to follow this thread: Downward Is Heavenward

Seems like Matt rejected the first TPs 2 years ago or more now, and got in the 2nd batch which he implied were acceptable.

Then they did some shows, and then nothing on IG since. And wisely, no one bumped the thread linked above, which is being followed by 18 people, and I'm sure lurkers abound. I would bet he is just getting up the mental strength to do finish this major PITA. No telling how many more beers it will take.

9 hours ago, drds89 said:

I think you want to follow this thread: Downward Is Heavenward

Seems like Matt rejected the first TPs 2 years ago or more now, and got in the 2nd batch which he implied were acceptable.

Then they did some shows, and then nothing on IG since. And wisely, no one bumped the thread linked above, which is being followed by 18 people, and I'm sure lurkers abound. I would bet he is just getting up the mental strength to do finish this major PITA. No telling how many more beers it will take.

They're also currently writing a new record, so their funds may be going toward that release.

I actually shot an email to Matt about a month ago, the contact email addy on the label website doesn't work.  He has responded to me before but has yet to respond to this email.  My guess is that he is just super busy with other stuff that he just doesn't have a timeframe in mind on when it'll actually be ready to go for reasons already mentioned.  More than anything I'm excited about this NEW album.  Way stoked about that.

The last I heard about OP of Astronaut and Electra was that he only had enough left for close friends and family, don't think he's selling anymore of them.  I could be wrong though.

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Repress coming soon from SRC. Doesn’t look like they are up for PO yet but come out in May :rolleyes:

Sea glass color

https://www.srcvinyl.com/hum-you-d-prefer-an-astronaut-sea-glass-lp.html

Tin color

https://www.srcvinyl.com/hum-you-d-prefer-an-astronaut-tin-lp.html

interesting, says "final pressing" maybe HUM is in the process of buying the rights back?

1 hour ago, ntslash said:

Mine sounds fine. I have the green version. 

Mine sounds solid too, white green split. Shocked tbh, I got it a couple weeks ago expecting the worst just based on feedback on this pressing and the fact that splits almost always sound like dook.

thabkfully it’s less of a half and half SPLIT and it’s more merrrrged together so there’s no noticeable sound floor differences as it tracks.

1 hour ago, turk99 said:

Everyone seems to shit on SRC

They can’t even get Matt Talbott’s name right on their website. 

Also, slightly disengenuous pressing info. SRC didn’t do the original pressings. It is just SRC’s first pressing, which apparently the band weren’t too happy about. 

• 2 weeks later...

⚠️Final SRCVinyl Pressing! ⚠️ This will be the last SRCVinyl pressing of Hum's "You'd Prefer An Astronaut"! Full details & pre-order:

Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut (Tin, SRCVINYL EXCLUSIVE LIMITED TO 500) LP
https://www.srcvinyl.com/hum-you-d-prefer-an-astronaut-tin-…

Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut (Sea Glass) LP
https://www.srcvinyl.com/hum-you-d-prefer-an-astronaut-sea-…

1st Pressing - 180 Gram Green (LTD 500)
1st Pressing - 180 Gram Black (LTD 500) 
1st Pressing - 180 Gram Clear (LTD 250) 
2nd Pressing - 180 Gram White or 180 Gram White w/ Black Smoke (LTD 1,500)
3rd Pressing - 180 Gram White (LTD 3,000) 
4th Pressing - 180 Gram White/ Green split colored vinyl (LTD 1,000)  
4th Pressing - 180 Gram White/Black split colored vinyl (LTD 1,000)

5th Pressing - 180 Gram Tin (LTD 500)

5th Pressing - 180 Gram Sea Glass (LTD ???)