HUM - You'd Prefer An Astronaut LP from SRC All Pressings Discussion

jhulud

On 2/26/2019 at 4:47 PM, VinylMario said:

I've been skipping these SRC pressings on purpose. I missed the opportunity to snag the green that Matt broke out with. I still don't agree with SRC's decision to release these without consent. Hopefully Matt gets the rights to these and has them pressed again.

These are not done without consent.  When artists sign to a label that hold rights — they can be licensed out to third party companies.  Just because the artist is not putting out the Record or “consents” to it — this is how business is done.  It’s a potential pitfall for an artist that has been around since musicians have been signing contracts.   

13 hours ago, mertzrock said:

These are not done without consent.  When artists sign to a label that hold rights — they can be licensed out to third party companies.  Just because the artist is not putting out the Record or “consents” to it — this is how business is done.  It’s a potential pitfall for an artist that has been around since musicians have been signing contracts.   

Thank you for the update on this situation. New news is always good news!

13 hours ago, mertzrock said:

I understand the "business model". It sucks yeah. I'm talking about an EAR pressing. Matt's meticulous attention to details is what makes DiH such an awesome reissue. If Matt is able to master YPAA in such a meticulous manner, we'd have a very special record.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just had to file a claim with SRC because they legit just stopped responding. I ordered the TIN pressing from them back in April. After the release date came and went with no record I reached out - the first email they did respond to, but basically it was just a snarky email that told me to "just relax, it's coming"... but also, how about some communication? Basic principles of customer service? Fast forward to now, a month and a half after the August 16 shipping date - the record is now backordered, and I have seen/heard nothing... and now no response from the company whatsoever.

Lesson learned - avoid SRC at all costs - I just want my got dam HUM LP!

Edited by bluethumb

23 hours ago, bluethumb said:

I just had to file a claim with SRC because they legit just stopped responding. I ordered the TIN pressing from them back in April. After the release date came and went with not record I reached out - the first email they did respond to, but basically it was just a snarky email that told me to "just relax, it's coming"... but also, how about some communication? Basic principles of customer service? Fast forward to now, a month and a half after the August 16 shipping date - the record is now backordered, and I have seen/heard nothing... and now no response from the company whatsoever.

Eh, SRC did you a favor. I would wait until Matt does a proper vinyl remaster of it. 

I'll never pay more than $10 for an SRC pressing. My only SRC vinyl is the clerks soundtrack I got for $6 when they were clearing them out. Wasn't too impressed. It wasn't that bad, but 6 bucks is 6 bucks. But I have faith that Matt will be repress this soon and give us another DIH quality reissue. Still holding out...

I think I ordered mine in February! That’s nuts.

On 9/25/2019 at 8:17 AM, bluethumb said:

I just had to file a claim with SRC because they legit just stopped responding. I ordered the TIN pressing from them back in April. After the release date came and went with no record I reached out - the first email they did respond to, but basically it was just a snarky email that told me to "just relax, it's coming"... but also, how about some communication? Basic principles of customer service? Fast forward to now, a month and a half after the August 16 shipping date - the record is now backordered, and I have seen/heard nothing... and now no response from the company whatsoever.

Did you get refunded? 

10 hours ago, KyleHussaLietz said:

I think I ordered mine in February! That’s nuts.

Did you get refunded? 

<rant>

They finally reached out on the second to last day of the PayPal claim window - they said "we are hoping not to see it shipping end of October." I'm not a simpleton, I understand that manufacturers run into delays and that the pressing plants are riddled with broken delivery promises... but how about some communication! A goddam email saying "it's gonna be a little later than expected" would have solved this whole thing.  I canceled the order on principle but have yet to see any refund or even a response.

For a company that presses hundreds and hundreds of albums a year you'd think February/April would be enough lead time for an August release. 

</rant>

1 hour ago, bluethumb said:

<rant>

They finally reached out on the second to last day of the PayPal claim window - they said "we are hoping not to see it shipping end of October." I'm not a simpleton, I understand that manufacturers run into delays and that the pressing plants are riddled with broken delivery promises... but how about some communication! A goddam email saying "it's gonna be a little later than expected" would have solved this whole thing.  I canceled the order on principle but have yet to see any refund or even a response.

For a company that presses hundreds and hundreds of albums a year you'd think February/April would be enough lead time for an August release. 

</rant>

Thanks. I was trying to figure out if it’s worth trying to cancel as well. Yea, 8 months lead time is a LOT.