HUM - You'd Prefer An Astronaut LP from SRC All Pressings Discussion

jhulud

i want water and solutions on vinyl so fucking bad. that needs to happen.

seeing far a few years ago with thursday in nyc(when they did the 1st full collapse show) was fucking amazing. my first time seeing far and they fucking killed it.

Saw them at the casbah down in San Diego, for a dollar. Right as pony was blowin the radio up. First time I heard it and they said it was FAR, I had to doublecheck. Show friggin ruled tho. Great mix, only new song they played was pony. Best dollar I ever spent.

Can you post a link? All I get when I search for their page is random songs from other bands...

http://www.facebook.com/HUM2012

also i'm going to see how many times i can listen to Stars while watching the baseball game.

seems it's only twice, the game is over. i'm still listening to Stars on repeat.

opps, i was fact checking myself and seems the fb pages isn't run by Hum, yet it seems to have some sort of blessing.

It is not! Sony provided a master they had done for vinyl and the lacquers were cut at Lucky. We heard the reference yesterday and it sounded really good! Not sure what the original sounded like so I cant compare.

i want water and solutions on vinyl so fucking bad. that needs to happen.

seeing far a few years ago with thursday in nyc(when they did the 1st full collapse show) was fucking amazing. my first time seeing far and they fucking killed it.

I'm very excited for this. I hope Downward gets repressed as well (I'd also buy Electra 2000). I'd also be excited to see Far's "Water & Solutions" or "Tin Cans..." get a vinyl pressing.

People want it. Can Sony provide it? (yes Far was on Sony's Immortal imprint... just like Incubus ... which is also coming to vinyl...) Shoot the only other 90s Sony property I want to see on vinyl is Fiona Apple's second album. That'd sell something fierce.

I broke down and paid over $100 for this record a few years back. It was worth it but I'll definitely invest in a 180 gram copy. The releases SRC did for Park and Staring Back were very well put together so I have no doubt that this release will be too.

Also, Howard Stern fucking loves Hum. "You guys play like mental patients"

You're right. Paying a super high price for a new single LP is only for the real fans.

every record should cost 10 bucks

double lps 13

triples no more than 20.

i think i read that in a Marx book.

shits cost different prices, get over it. you don't have to buy everything or anything if you want to get down to it.