HUM - You'd Prefer An Astronaut LP from SRC All Pressings Discussion

jhulud

2 hours ago, bluethumb said:

For a company that presses hundreds and hundreds of albums a year you'd think February/April would be enough lead time for an August release. 

</rant>

They do? They seem to press a few records a year which usually end up in the same sitauation of delayed and pushed back

Anyone ordering from SRC at this point should know better

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, exileinoblivion said:

All I know is bullmoose who I ordered it from said it was cancelled indefinetly in terms of SRC saying they could ever get them copies so am assuming it is never happening . Why I order SRC releases from bullmoose - I am not charged til it actually ships . 

Well damn.  That's a bummer. Thanks for the info

On 10/1/2019 at 10:53 AM, sugareggs said:

Someone on here said getting screwed by SRC is a VC rite of passage. Welcome. You are one of us. 

SRC was communicating with me for most of 2019 when I would occasionally ask for a shipping update. Then, last month they suddenly went radio silent and just started ignoring requests for a shipping update. I think it has been over a month on one request and 2 weeks on the other and no reply. Always a really good sign when communication just stops - tells you everything you need to know. The thing that really sucks is that they charged me (and I assume everyone else) about 2 months back. Likely the reason they are stringing everyone along. They will have to issue refunds. Nice that their policy is that they don't charge your CC until the item ships! From the SRC website (where you can STILL order your copy) ...

Do You Charge When I Order or When It Ships?

We do both depending on which payment option you pick! We offer PayPal, Credit / Debit Cards and also Amazon Pay!

If you pick PayPal or Amazon Pay you will be charged the second you place your order.

If you pay using a Credit / Debit or Apple Pay or pick you will not be charged until your order ships! This is a great way to pre order records without having to pay until they actually ship!

On 10/1/2019 at 9:51 AM, youspinmeround said:

They do? They seem to press a few records a year which usually end up in the same sitauation of delayed and pushed back

Anyone ordering from SRC at this point should know better

They 100% do not put out anywhere near even a single hundred records a year. More like 10. Seems like it gets smaller each year as they keep burning customers. But even during their peak... no where near 100 records in a year.

2 hours ago, dantheriver said:

They 100% do not put out anywhere near even a single hundred records a year. More like 10. Seems like it gets smaller each year as they keep burning customers. But even during their peak... no where near 100 records in a year.

And seem to piss off a lot of the bands a long the way. I know the guys HUM & Far were pissed about the deal they made with the record companies 

21 hours ago, xen0m0rph said:

Src have same issue with final goldfinger hangs up pressing

Original release date was may, then moved to August, October and then to end of November

Ha, yea got an email today, it’s not cancelled just pressing delays.  Even though it impresses no one I can say I had a record in pre-order for a year

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So after 4 months of emailing them regularly to cancel my order and eventually having to post incessant comments on their Facebook posts to get their attention, SRC finally responded and cancelled my order but has decided to just keep my money. No refund, no response to ensuing emails requesting my money back. They've now gone from shady to outright fraud. How is this company still allowed to do business?

Has anyone else requested a refund for this or successfully filed a dispute with Paypal?

• 4 weeks later...