HUM - You'd Prefer An Astronaut LP from SRC All Pressings Discussion

jhulud

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally giving up on this and cancelling my preorder. Of course, they charged my credit card last July even though their policy clearly states they won't do so until it ships. It should be fun trying to get a refund out of them. I'm certainly past any window of disputing with my credit card company.

As if the 15 months since I placed my preorder wasn't enough, yesterday I received yet another damaged shipment from SRC. This is the 2nd release in a row that has arrived severely warped. The last was almost a year ago. Hard to believe they still have these damage issues. In this case, even the sleeves had tears and there was major ring wear on the cover. Like the last damaged shipment, there were no obvious sign of damage to the mailer. So either these things were stacked horizontally at some point. Or (what I suspect) is that their abysmally thin mailers are to blame. I can't believe this company is still in business.

So even if by some miracle this preorder actually ships at some point, there is a very good chance it will (needlessly) arrive damaged. No thanks, I'm done with SRC.

1 minute ago, turk99 said:

No matter how much I want a record, I will never buy from them. I think SRC stands for Sucker Record Collector ;) I feel bad for all the horrid experiences, but thank you for sharing your stories so I know to avoid them. 

Couldn't agree more. No matter how much you want a record - run, very fast in the opposite direction from SRC. Or at least wait until it is released and consider buying from someone else (like Bullmoose.)