HUM - You'd Prefer An Astronaut LP from SRC All Pressings Discussion

jhulud

26 minutes ago, FloriDUH JBot said:

15 days and no reply to support requests. It has now been over a year since they charged me, so I can't even dispute the Hum charge. SRC's practices are super shady. At least one of the two transactions I can still charge back.

F* Danny Keyes

Yeah, man. I'd just dispute it through your credit card company if you can. Even if you get a reply, they'll give you store credit. It's been pushed back over and over and I feel like Matt just wants to let it run out so it doesn't get pressed and then maybe Poly will press it, but no one knows. 

3 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Yeah, man. I'd just dispute it through your credit card company if you can. Even if you get a reply, they'll give you store credit. It's been pushed back over and over and I feel like Matt just wants to let it run out so it doesn't get pressed and then maybe Poly will press it, but no one knows. 

Matt has no influence over how shitty src is.

Poly is not pressing or releasing the new hum. Just distributing it

Some good news. Citi instantly approved permanent (not conditional) credits for the transactions. This surprised me. No investigation, no documentation needed, nothing. Case instantly closed. I wonder if SRC has a history with Citi and they just instantly approve any disputes.

Good luck to anyone sticking it out with SRC for this pressing. It isn't worth dealing with crooks and con artists. If I miss out, so be it. Congrats to anyone that actually gets one, one day ... maybe. Assuming, that is, it isn't warped upon arrival in flimsy SRC packaging.

34 minutes ago, FloriDUH JBot said:

Some good news. Citi instantly approved permanent (not conditional) credits for the transactions. This surprised me. No investigation, no documentation needed, nothing. Case instantly closed. I wonder if SRC has a history with Citi and they just instantly approve any disputes.

Good luck to anyone sticking it out with SRC for this pressing. It isn't worth dealing with crooks and con artists. If I miss out, so be it. Congrats to anyone that actually gets one, one day ... maybe. Assuming, that is, it isn't warped upon arrival in flimsy SRC packaging.

That’s pretty insane. When MoviePass sank I jumped over to Sinemia (another all you can go movie subscription) and they announced they would be disbanding USA support within a month of my 1 year membership. I had to supply documentation multiple times to get Citi to side with me. SRC sucks 😂

22 hours ago, dantheriver said:

That’s pretty insane. When MoviePass sank I jumped over to Sinemia (another all you can go movie subscription) and they announced they would be disbanding USA support within a month of my 1 year membership. I had to supply documentation multiple times to get Citi to side with me. SRC sucks 😂

You might want to consider the Alamo Drafthouse season pass, once we all get over The Corona.

I only got to use it for a month, but it was like “a dream.”

Love that place! 🎞

2 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

You might want to consider the Alamo Drafthouse season pass, once we all get over The Corona.

Love that place! 🎞

Corona cure or SRC YPAA shipping – which is more likely to happen first in our lifetimes?

22 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Love that place! 🎞

I love the Alamo Drafthouse (aside from being a big time theater cop who doesn’t believe people should be wandering around serving food mid movie... get there early enough to order and eat before the movie starts you savages!) but alas I don’t live in one of their markets.  And on top of that I travel for work so I really can’t bank on being able to use any specific chain’s subscription service regularly enough to warrant the monthly fee. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/17/2020 at 1:18 AM, xfactor675 said:

lol at the 12/31/2025 release date over at deep discount

https://www.deepdiscount.com/youd-prefer-an-astronaut/754220308230

I think this is some kind of default date for "we have no fucking idea." My pre-order from popmarket for the Dirty Three Ocean Songs boxset was changed to 2025. If I recall correctly, DD and PM are under the same parent company.

21 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

I think this is some kind of default date for "we have no fucking idea." My pre-order from popmarket for the Dirty Three Ocean Songs boxset was changed to 2025. If I recall correctly, DD and PM are under the same parent company.

Yeah sure it is, but still funny as hell and could really be a possibility here 😂

On 11/17/2020 at 7:44 PM, dantheriver said:

If only there were 1000 posts warning people about SRC and their shady practices...

Actually I don't know what's happen to src. That take fallen flag of mts and release cool (but pricey) release of toyjap along with bunch of other records - local h, goldfinger, alkaline trio, hum

But then suddenly delays for 3-8 month starts to happen

And then delays for for few years with no releasing titles

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2020 at 4:20 PM, turk99 said:

One day I will see a post that isn't about SRC but an official release from somewhere else....one day. 

Today is that day!

Stick a nail in the coffin of the SRC pressing. Apparently, the band has acquired the rights to repress their first two records. If SRC already has your money, you've been screwed.

We are getting a legitimate official release ...

https://www.facebook.com/humbandofficial/posts/250197533132027

1 hour ago, FloriDUH JBot said:

Today is that day!

Stick a nail in the coffin of the SRC pressing. Apparently, the band has acquired the rights to repress their first two records. If SRC already has your money, you've been screwed.

We are getting a legitimate official release ...

https://www.facebook.com/humbandofficial/posts/250197533132027

Now that's what I'm talking about!