HUM - You'd Prefer An Astronaut LP from SRC All Pressings Discussion

jhulud

So I was unpacking some boxes that have been sitting around for a while today and came across these:

humcassette.jpg

No idea why I didn't give 'You'd Prefer An Astronaut' away when I cleared out the rest of my cassettes, but I kind of like that it's the only proper full-length album on cassette that I still have. (There are a few cassingles sitting around still as well, apparently.) I had totally forgotten about the 'Downward is Heavenward' sampler - I played the shit out of that in late '97.

Ahh, memories...

So I was unpacking some boxes that have been sitting around for a while today and came across these:

humcassette.jpg

No idea why I didn't give 'You'd Prefer An Astronaut' away when I cleared out the rest of my cassettes, but I kind of like that it's the only proper full-length album on cassette that I still have. (There are a few cassingles sitting around still as well, apparently.) I had totally forgotten about the 'Downward is Heavenward' sampler - I played the shit out of that in late '97.

Ahh, memories...

This is funny as we got art for this release and in it was "You'd Prefer" art in cassette format haha. Fun stuff.

Dave is the masters name and he cuts with the best setup in the world. I am going to listen to the refference lacquer again today as i can not stop thinking about how amazing it sounds at full blast on my system. Quicksand "Slip" we just released was one of the best sounding albums i have ever heard on vinyl but this one is as good or better. HUM is the perfect sound for vinyl. I can't wait for this release.

So this master was done made in the digital realm?

They take the masters and make a digital copy for vinyl, Then we send it to the lacquer maker. That is why this album is going to sound incredible. Listened to the ref lacquers yesterday again and this is the best sounding album we have done yet.

I'm not feeling that method but I'll still pick this up.

Anyone hear about one of the dudes from the band having like 100 warped copies of the original press? He said he was going to try and un-warp them and sell them on his site.

That would be sexy if could score one of those.

for orangesix

Shop Radio Cast have announced they plan on reissuing Hum's 1995 release "You'd Prefer An Astronaut" on vinyl in January 2013. Although complete details have not yet been released it is noted that it will be released on colored and 180 gram black limited vinyl. As well the artwork will be upgraded and jacket will be a gatefold. Stay tuned for more details.

PO page is up but not active for orders yet:

http://www.shopradio...tronaut-LP.html

soon....