PO--The Who London Olympics Closing Ceremony Blue Vinyl 12" 1000 only

“We have recorded a piece of music which I think is a fabulous end for the Olympic Games. This country has put some fabulous music into the world. This is not about The Who being on a TV show for the Games. It’s about making great music that is apropos to that event where you’ve had people who’ve given years of their lives to be there on that field. The music we’ve come up with is a great representation of that.” – Roger Daltrey, 2012.

As if November 2012 (or WHO-vember as we’re calling it) wasn’t exciting enough for Who fans, we’re delighted to announce the release on the 19th of this incredible memento.

In what was an astounding performance even by their standards, The Who took to the stage at the London 2012 Olympic Games Closing Ceremony to close the London Games with a world-beating arrangement of four of their best-loved songs – ‘Baba O’ Riley’, ‘See Me Feel Me’ / ‘Listening To You’ and ‘My Generation’.

Previously only available on the official soundtrack album to the ceremony, The Who – ‘Music For The Closing Ceremony Of The London 2012 Olympic Games’ comes backed with ‘Early Morning Cold Taxi’ and will be released on download and blue coloured vinyl. Vinyl will be strictly limited to 1,000 copies and available exclusively through www.uvinyl.co.uk for 11.99 UK Pounds.

Link: http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/rock/uvinyl-the-who-music-for-the-olympics-closing-ceremony-12-vinyl/invt/0602537166879/

Maybe it will be 1,000 on blue vinyl and then an unlimited number on black vinyl.....but the Universal site is the same one that has sold the Nirvana Nevermind Picture Disc 4LP set (limited to 1993 copies), the Sex Pistols 35th Anniversary 2LP (limited to 1977 copies) and the Sex pistols 7" picture discs (each limited to 3500 copies), so if they say it is limited...they are usually accurate.

Probably because it works out to $30 bucks shipped to the US... For 4 songs

despite this obvious point, it is also The Who... one of the biggest rock and roll groups of all time... playing the Olympics... the mecha of "sports" (notice the quotes). For it to be only /1000, this would be one of the most limited things the Who has ever came out with. I may be very wrong in thinking this, so I apologize if I am, but I can't see very many things being made for the Who in a quantity anywhere near 1000 or less and have it be readily available for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

still available , strange

you know I was thinking about this the other day.....using my parents as an example who are Who fans, but not Internet savvy in the least, they would never hear/know about this release. Someone would literally have to follow the band's website or facebook, to know about the release and a lot of people my parents age, just probably either don't have the time or check it. Once it is officially released in a few weeks and gets out in stores and on Ebay, then I am sure the awareness will be higher

Speaking as somebody who is probably as old as your parents, the thing that made me the most skeptical was the inclusion of "See Me Feel Me/Listening To You" The Who never actually had a song by this title. That is just an excerpt from "We're Not Going To Take It". Last song on the Tommy album. Maybe I over-reacted but that seemed incredibly sloopy to me.

Speaking as somebody who is probably as old as your parents, the thing that made me the most skeptical was the inclusion of "See Me Feel Me/Listening To You" . The Who never actually had a song by this title. That is just an excerpt from "We're Not Going To Take It". Last song on the Tommy album. Maybe I over-reacted but that seemed incredibly sloopy to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking as somebody who is probably as old as your parents, the thing that made me the most skeptical was the inclusion of "See Me Feel Me/Listening To You" The Who never actually had a song by this title. That is just an excerpt from "We're Not Going To Take It". Last song on the Tommy album. Maybe I over-reacted but that seemed incredibly sloopy to me.

See Me, Feel Me was released as a single (in the US, anyway) and was a massive hit. Although not part of the title, it included LIstening to You at the end of it. So I don't think it is sloppy/unusual at all.