new A Wilhelm Scream 7" at the Fest?

Just ordered the AWS record. I will order the Hot Water Music record tomorrow after I get paid. AWS is an insanely underrated band. I used to see them all the time when they were called Smakin Isiah.

Underrated? They have a pretty devote and widespread fanbase.

I like the new song a lot, but with the holidays steadily approaching and I can't sporadically spend $9 on single 7"s right now. It adds up too quickly!

that sucks. it seems they've had a good turnout here for their cleveland shows the past few years but I still think overall they deserve a larger fan base.I thought for sure when ruiner came out it would've propelled them further their sound is plenty accessible even now so i'm not sure what the deal is. All things considered though I think they've had exponential growth since career suicide.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an update / story for y'all:

NIR-299 - A WILHELM SCREAM "Boat Builders" 7"

1st Pressing: 250 olive green, 750 brick red, (10/28/2012)

Okay, so we got ordered 500 green records for The Fest 11... and half of them had a light, but visible pressing defect. They seem to play fine, but there is audible noise. The red ones showed up a little after that and the plant replaced the funky ones, but all in red. So instead of getting 500 of each color... well there you go. IF YOU WANT one of the green ones with the light scratch, just ask for it in the comments section. Your call.

http://www.noidearecords.com

AWS7inred.jpg

I did not know we would not get replacement green until it was too late. Absolutely unintentional all around. We would have replaced the post / listing immediately... And in fact it will be updated (hopefully) by tomorrow with a new photo. I changed the text today. Apologies. If anyone wants to return the red one for a refund, we can arrange it. No problem.

I did not know we would not get replacement green until it was too late. Absolutely unintentional all around. We would have replaced the post / listing immediately... And in fact it will be updated (hopefully) by tomorrow with a new photo. I changed the text today. Apologies. If anyone wants to return the red one for a refund, we can arrange it. No problem.

I am fine with the red(though I still thinks it's more brown!), I just think the green one is purtier. The color doesn't affect the sound, so there ya go. I know you No Idea folks are pretty much always on your shit and still think you are one of the best labels out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay people, the last of the records have been assembled and scrutinized. Apparently there were a small clump of green ones in the last box. This is a photo of the colors I just took. In the order of the photo, they are:

Fest Green / Green now / Black

Red / Red / Brown

The greens are the same. There is one copy on black.

The two reds show the variations. Some are brick, some are bright / and then some are all the way to dark brown.

AWSvinylupdate.jpg

If you are compulsive, you can order what you want. Just ask for it in the comments. Except the black one. That one is gone. And of course the earlier green are gone. But we have a few more. Act quickly if you care. The song is the same either way. No we did not post numbers on the breakdowns that are accurate. We will eventually. Hoo!