Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

• 2 weeks later...

Hate having to post in this thread but the user Daniel did not come through with a purchase I made from him. I bought a LP and a 7" from him on Friday July 20th and he said he was going to ship them out on Monday July 23rd. I Pm'd him the night of the 23rd to see if he did ship them out that day. I made 2 more attempts that week asking if he shipped them out and didn't get a response until a week later on Monday the 30th. He said he "had a stressful week" and that he was going to ship them out that day. I still haven't gotten the stuff I bought and have made 3 or 4 attempts of contacting him asking him if he did in fact, ship them with no response (even though he is active and posting)

The dude has almost 4000 posts and positive feedback through his 4 transactions he has left on his feedback page.

I'm not saying the dude scammed me or anything, I just don't know what is going on and he won't respond to me so I was forced to file a paypal claim to get my money back.

Brock, I did not scam you, but I did screw up. I asked a friend of mine to mail the records for me (yours an another poster's) because he was mailing some of his own. He agreed and we never brought it up again. Turns out he never did it, and they've been sitting in my apartment, forgotten, ever since. To be honest, I've mailed so many records this Summer that I forgot it even happened. I refunded you your money and offered to do the same for the other buyer whose records were supposed to ship at the same time as yours.

I do have almost 4000 posts, I do have perfect feedback otherwise, and I have never once failed to complete a transaction in the 4.5 years I have been posting on this site. I should have been more punctual with my replies, but my "stressful week" has been more like a "stressful Summer". Full-time class schedule, recording/gigging with bands, moving, graduate school preparations, etc. I simply don't have time to check VC as often as I'd like to. It bums me out that I've got this permanent red mark on my profile now, four years into being a part of this community, because of a lazy oversight on my part.

Brock, I did not scam you, but I did screw up. I asked a friend of mine to mail the records for me (yours an another poster's) because he was mailing some of his own. He agreed and we never brought it up again. Turns out he never did it, and they've been sitting in my apartment, forgotten, ever since. To be honest, I've mailed so many records this Summer that I forgot it even happened. I refunded you your money and offered to do the same for the other buyer whose records were supposed to ship at the same time as yours.

I do have almost 4000 posts, I do have perfect feedback otherwise, and I have never once failed to complete a transaction in the 4.5 years I have been posting on this site. I should have been more punctual with my replies, but my "stressful week" has been more like a "stressful Summer". Full-time class schedule, recording/gigging with bands, moving, graduate school preparations, etc. I simply don't have time to check VC as often as I'd like to. It bums me out that I've got this permanent red mark on my profile now, four years into being a part of this community, because of a lazy oversight on my part.

Thanks for clearing everything up. I never thought you were scamming me, as I could see you have been around a long time and stuff. I always give people the benefit of the doubt but it was frustrating with you not letting me know what was going on. I wasnt too upset with it as it was only 22 bucks but a little communication goes a long way

That being said, you do seem like a good dude. I would take off the negative feedback if that is possible?

Well, looks like I chased Damian Zamora off of this site. If anyone knows that he just started a new account please let me know.

Do I start trying to stalk him on Facebook / Twitter and the like? I wouldn't be pissed if it was just money I was out, but I would have really liked to have that Dave Hause 7". Grrr...

i have a box of CDs and two records awaiting payment from him. he told me a while back his dad was having some health problems so i'm sure that can't help things.

I'd be sympathetic but our trade happened in April. The only time I was able to get a response was in July when he told me his Aunt passed away and that is why he didn't send the record out. At some point over a four month period it should be reasonable to either send the record, return the record or try and work something else out.

well either that is some shit luck with family orrrrrrrrrr

I actually purchased a few things from him in discogs and made a few offers, he actually accepted all my offers at a fair price

Lovely. I just mentioned that to show he's still around. Maybe he should take a little time out of his day to get in touch with the guy he fucked over (would take a whole two, maybe three minutes).

this month, stretching back into the end of July has been like pulling teeth to get people and even bands (not on tour) running their own online stores to ship things i buy/order. going 2 or 3 weeks without things shipping and having multiple emails unanswered until i drop the magic words "paypal claim." then all of a sudden my email gets answered within hours of sending it and what i bought not only gets shipped the next day or even the same day, but usually gets shipped priority to get it to me faster.

do people really think they can get away with not shipping shit hoping the buyer/customer is dumb enough to not file a paypal claim?

Daniel is solid, i'll go leave you pos feedback now for the copeland record you hooked me up with a couple months ago. Bummer about the oversight.

EDIT: annnnd my net timing out caused me to leave you feedback twice. well thats cool. you did sell me 2 records so i feel alright about this.