Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Ronniethebear. Here's what happened.

I traded Ron 2 records for one. At the beginning i told him that since i was new i'd send first, and that i would put delivery confirmation on it and that i expected that same. I send my stuff. He receives it, but does not tell me. I know because he posts it in the "what's in your mailbox" thread. I'm thinking OK, he'll just mail mine out then. Well, no. A week later i contact him about a Daughters album, and he tells me he still hasn't mailed my trade item! wtf. So there was no deal worked out for the Daughters and he says "he'll get my mono out". Ok. Well, never once have a got a message saying that he mailed it, or that he received mine, or that it's taking him some time to get mine out. Three weeks later i PM him and he states "USPS can take awhile". Ok, i'll wait another week. PM again, and he tells me that he did not get confirmation, and the he "didn't know what to tell me"! I still have not received a PM from him! Skinny little fucker. Did you know that i can fly to Houston for 5 dollars. Mail my shit back or forever be pestered on ALL the vinyl boards.

Yikes. That's not good. Not good at all.

i for sure shit the bed on getting some records out in a decent amount of time. i have apologized to everyone and thrown in extra records to try and make up for it. im hoping everyone has gotten their shit by now, those who have not i have sent tracking numbers for, or just sent pms to.

sorry dudes, i fucked up this time, but rest assured you will all be getting your shit, if you have not already.

Alright, here's the deal:

I shipped a huge stack of records that I had traded/sold almost a month ago. Some people got their stuff in a normal amount of time, some didn't. It took over a week for one package to get to Austin (ask controlthebeleeding), which is only 3 hours away. This is not normal, as it should have been 4-5 days TOPS to get that far. Something weird is going on with the local mail system, because it's also taking longer than usual for me to get stuff that I ordered online. Anyway, some things were accidentally left out of that first batch that I sent out so I had my girlfriend drop the rest off about a week and a half ago, and I tried to let everyone know but at that point I wasn't sure whose name matched up to their username so I inadvertently left a couple people out of the loop. Totally my fault, I admit. BUT, I've tried being up front with everybody here, letting them know that it sometimes takes me a little longer to ship things out due to not having a car. My girlfriend goes to school and works too, so it's not always easy for me to use her car or have her drop them off for me. I had asked her to get delivery confirmation on the second batch that she took, but she apparently forgot. I'm not trying to make excuses, I'm just explaining the circumstances. I honestly don't know why a lot of you (Darrell especially) haven't gotten your stuff yet, and I'm not trying to just blame the USPS, but once I've shipped them they're out of my hands. I apologize sincerely to anyone who's had to wait longer than they should. The only reason I've asked some of you to wait it out a bit is because of the delay that seems to be happening with anything coming in/going out of Houston. If you feel like you've been cheated or ripped off, please PM me and we'll work something out. I'm pretty sure that even though I might be on the slow side, most people who I've dealt with here will vouch for the fact that I'm a decent dude who isn't trying to pull a fast one on anyone.

planetrakis - I apologize for not replying to your last PM on deadformat, but I honestly didn't even know it was there. I leave myself logged in on the computer at home so there's a chance that someone else was being nosy (my girlfriend is often guilty of this), I don't really know. Anyway, I haven't seen any notification of having a new message in quite a while but I just read it after I saw your post here.

I've been lucky in the sense that everyone I've dealt with trading and buying over here is very patient. I'm sometimes in the position where I can't always get to the post office because I don't drive/don't own a car, and sometimes the public transportation in this section of Brooklyn is RIDICULOUSLY unreliable. So because of work and such this poses a problem. For a while I traded at another board where I would literally get emails multiple times a day from kids asking "WHERE'S MY RECORD". So I'm glad (knock on wood) that I would think people here would consider me a good seller/trader even if I am a little slow sometimes.

I agree in the sense I think this thread could/should be used for people who have had multiple bad transactions with someone and not for the sole purpose of if you had one bad transaction with someone. People make mistakes or stuff gets lost in the mail and thus it's beyond their control.

i recently tarded with you. i can say you have been super friendly and keeping me p to date as to when you are shipping! +1 for you!

Bought: Don Cab - World Class Listening Problem

Shit, that STILL hasn't gotten there? Ughhhhhh. This all sucks because the delays caused by USPS make me look even worse.

No, but it is all cool. I know the mail is the suck. We'll just give it more time before I become too concerned...

It seems (according to the mail thread) that some people are getting stuff from you that was in the same sale thread as the Don Cab, so it could be sitting on my back porch right now for all I know.

I'll let you know when it shows up. I have plenty of other records to listen to in the meantime!

:)

Guest baseball

About what ronnie was saying:

You know, my mail service in Baltimore has been extremely slow lately too. Stuff is taking forever to get here. An order from VC/elsewhere used to take about 4 days, the last couple months it has been 1-2 weeks.

Damn USPS. Definitely something bunk going on.

I was wondering if ebay sellers should appear here in this thread who def. take to much for shipping..... ?

In my case the ebay member

keylimekai

Name and adress:

kai bosworth

1600 Grand Ave.

Saint Paul,

MN 55105

Charged me 25$ for shipping for 7 x7"...when the package arrived the stamp says :12$

I contacted him and said that it would be cool if he would refund me like 10 bucks or so... he answered"Hey buddy,

Sorry, the shipping was an estimate and it turned out to be a bit more. When you bid on an item, you agree to pay that shipping price. I apologize that you feel ripped off, but there's literally no way of recourse for me if an international item gets lost, so I tack on a little liability charge. If you feel "ripped off," I encourage you to contact eBay, but they'll probably just tell you the same thing I did...as a buyer, you agree to a shipping price beforehand, and if you feel it's unfair, you don't have to initially pay it."

anyway I contacted him again, but he still do not want to refund me .......

You know, my mail service in Baltimore has been extremely slow lately too. Stuff is taking forever to get here. An order from VC/elsewhere used to take about 4 days, the last couple months it has been 1-2 weeks.

I'm right outside the city and I'm experiencing this too. It's my personal and professional opinion that this has to do with the sudden increase in vinyl sales across the board.

The government realizes that phases and trends repeat - what was once old is new again - they understand particular mediums that artists use to transcend the globally watched at mass marketed environments their masters project them into. 'zup Underground?

The sudden uprise of vinyl sales has only triggered one of many revolutionary alarms "the man" has put into place around us. The first and forth most being the United States Postal Service (USPS) which has the ability to scan every individual letter and package that we choose not to use a private carrier for. Think about it.

Think about the last time you watched the discovery channel. Now take the science you saw there - and apply it to reality. Pretty easy to see the big picture when it's laid out in-front of ya'yeah? Thought so.

maybe the weather has something to do with it?? I wouldnt know because its the same weather year round in florida, but isnt it snowing a lot almost everywhere else?

Ohio has been hit hard and I've noticed very little slowdown on shipping times. I get deliv. conf. on everything and check things from time to time and everything seems to be fine.

I'm right outside the city and I'm experiencing this too. It's my personal and professional opinion that this has to do with the sudden increase in vinyl sales across the board.

The government realizes that phases and trends repeat - what was once old is new again - they understand particular mediums that artists use to transcend the globally watched at mass marketed environments their masters project them into. 'zup Underground?

The sudden uprise of vinyl sales has only triggered one of many revolutionary alarms "the man" has put into place around us. The first and forth most being the United States Postal Service (USPS) which has the ability to scan every individual letter and package that we choose not to use a private carrier for. Think about it.

Think about the last time you watched the discovery channel. Now take the science you saw there - and apply it to reality. Pretty easy to see the big picture when it's laid out in-front of ya'yeah? Thought so.

hahaha +1

Adammuzzy, have you sent my package yet? it's been a month!!!!! :P

And yes, RONNIE is a decent trader. He never warned me, but it took a month to get my package, but i wasn't worried about not getting it. He's a swell dude, really friendly..just slow (not mentally, just about sending stuff out) that's all.

Damn, this thread is scary. Makes me paranoid to do trades/sell/buy. :)

I have had one time in about 2 years that I have completely fucked up an order on a board. Someone bought a Nowhere Near Chicago 7" the day before I left for a 6 week tour. (I forgot to take down my post)

I came back from tour still didn't know about it, and a about a week later I got a message from the guy asking where his vinyl was. So I messaged him back with all kinds of apologies, and offered extra shit etc. So about 5 days later I go to package up the 7" and I didn't even have it anymore, I think I had sold it to someone already(Since I forgot to take down my post).

Long story short it was around 2 1/2 months and I had to refund the guy.

I sent him a prozacs odd's n ends 7" for free though, and a few patches and a cd for free.

I felt like a huge asshole.

Adammuzzy, have you sent my package yet? it's been a month!!!!! :P

just got a fresh 5-6 inches of snow yesterday, so there's a few more days that i can't get down to the post office.

it'll definitely go out this week though, even if i have to walk there.

Seriously dude, this is getting a little out of control...I got pretty much the same snow out here and I get shit out...and I walk to the post office.