Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

yeah, I never said "months". "a month's time" doesn't equal "months". I also still do not have it. how about you stop cherry picking and understand what I'm trying to get across here. this dude is a terrible seller. you guys realize that if this happened to you on ebay you'd be complaining about it, right? communication is key in this shit. if you can't communicate and be honest with your buyer, then you shouldn't be doing it. 

people have already vouched for the guy. you're just one of those people who are impatient dickwads and get upset if you don't get your record 2 seconds after you pay for it then think constantly hounding the person is the way to go about getting your record faster. all of that is evidenced further since you got a tracking number for it fucking YESTERDAY and are still crying about not getting it yet.

people have already vouched for the guy. you're just one of those people who are impatient dickwads and get upset if you don't get your record 2 seconds after you pay for it then think constantly hounding the person is the way to go about getting your record faster. all of that is evidenced further since you got a tracking number for it fucking YESTERDAY and are still crying about not getting it yet.

All you guys jumping on him are crazy. It was a terrible sale...end of discussion. The guy lied about shipping and then dodged communication for two weeks about it. It's not that complicated and I don't see what there is so much discussion about it. Just because this person had one slip up does not mean their reputation will be ruined. A warning of slow shipment times and lack of communication is perfectly appropriate in this thread as some buyers will choose to buy elsewhere as a result of this information.

Let's not forget how easy it would be to send a simple message such as letting the buyer know you will be shipping the following week or that you were unable to ship when you said you would. 

You will NEVER see me bitch about having to wait. I have suffered some insane waits for actual mailorder, some extraordinarily botched preorders, and even a few people who sucked at getting to the post office but I believe that being patient is a two-way street.

One day you'll have a delay when sending out a record for some reason and you'll really wish that some new jack dude on the Internet isn't blowing you up every couple of days. That's my take, at least.

mindovermatter - no one cares. seriously. why do you feel the need to telI me about how you will wait until to end of time like you and your hot topic records are the main characters in "the notebook"? and I will 100% admit to not shipping some things out within a couple days. but guess what? I sent those people messages telling them why and letting them know it is going it. oh yeah, and every time that's ever happened? I upgraded them to priority, because I am a good seller/trader.

shat - you can't seriously be that obtuse..? let me just start out by saying i've been here way longer than you. I thought I would point that out after reading your really happy signature. hell, I've even been here longer than mindovermatter (sorry guys, not a "newjack"). I've been on other boards for even longer than that. and like I stated before, you didn't read my comments very well. or you just can't comprehend the big picture. in every post you've made, you manipulated what I said in the most irrational way possible just to make it seem like you have a point. but anyways, I will probably never win this argument. I now remember why I take year long breaks from this board. holy shit.

There is no excuse for letting communication lapse for a significant time after you've taken someones money. End of story. 

I remember being in the hospital being treated and taking out my phone to tell someone on here that it would be a couple extra days until I shipped. This isn't the 90s - it's 2013. 

Yes, many wouldn't have lasted with how it used to be and patience in the shipping/receiving is needed still today. What isn't acceptable is people disappearing, logging on and ignoring messages from people that have given them money. 

mindovermatter - no one cares. seriously. why do you feel the need to telI me about how you will wait until to end of time like you and your hot topic records are the main characters in "the notebook"?

I wish I wasn't on my phone so that I could post a gif as to how fucking funny this is coming from a dude with less than 100 records on his df list.

I wish I wasn't on my phone so that I could post a gif as to how fucking funny this is coming from a dude with less than 100 records on his df list.

haha man, it's all numbers numbers numbers with you! here mathlete, suck on this for sec. to be exact, my tradelist says I have 105 records, superstar. what the hell is with everyone stretching the truth?? to be completely clear, I moved a couple times in the past year, so I had to sell off over half my collection. so "Moral?", you are 29 year old who thinks he's "been in the game" longer than everyone else that also presses records nobody wants and also has the worst comebacks on the internet.

when you get home and login via your dell desktop computer, please post that gif. I like gifs.

My bad. I will get on reissuing a bunch of La Dispute and Balance & Composure records instead of supporting artists that I care about.

My sincere apologies to everyone for being reasonable and trying to calm down an entitled brat. I'll never stick up for anyone ever again.

missed-slam-dunk.gif

bopalin

should I trust this person...something about his messages seem REALLY sketchy. I am the seller and he is the buyer.

Him: Sounds good let me know where to send the money and I will have it ASAP. I will also send a little extra to cover paypal fees.

Thanks Brian

Me:

with someone as new as you, im going to have ask you to gift it. too many scammers have been joining these boards recently. let me know if thats cool and ill shoot you my email.

this next part was a bit strange to me.

Him:

Understandable and that is fine with me. Let me know where to send the money. And like I said will send extra money to ensure the paypal fees are taken care of.

I have been seller on ebay fatherofson1 here is my link

http://myworld.ebay.com/fatherofson1

Also my number is ********** 

Let me know if you have further questions. And let me know where to send these items.

I just sold a couple records to bopalin a few days ago.  He was courteous, sent a payment quick, and seemed genuine throughout the interaction.  He was kind even enough to add a couple dollars to cover the paypal fee (as I ask of all my buyers but always explain it's not necessary).  Yo Latin, that's probably the reason he offered to "send extra money" cause maybe he was anticipating you bringing the fee up as I just did with him a couple days ago.

Anyway, I'm not too worried as I'm on the selling end, as I always package my records with a lot of care and take pictures throughout the process to document each transaction just in case of any problems.  It doesn't always work completely in my favor but it never hurts.

I'll leave feedback for him once the record's been received.

I just sold a couple records to bopalin a few days ago.  He was courteous, sent a payment quick, and seemed genuine throughout the interaction.  He was kind even enough to add a couple dollars to cover the paypal fee (as I ask of all my buyers but always explain it's not necessary).  Yo Latin, that's probably the reason he offered to "send extra money" cause maybe he was anticipating you bringing the fee up as I just did with him a couple days ago.

Anyway, I'm not too worried as I'm on the selling end, as I always package my records with a lot of care and take pictures throughout the process to document each transaction just in case of any problems.  It doesn't always work completely in my favor but it never hurts.

I'll leave feedback for him once the record's been received.

hey man, thanks. yea the last part of his last message just confused me. I see nothing wrong with being a bit concerned about selling to new people on this board. And the fact that he gave me his number was weird to me.  

Sorry - I really don't care that much but if you take someone's money on here don't sign on for days at a time without replying to their messages and expect to be called an Awesome Trader. You cast suspicion all over yourself. You want to sell on VC - Act Responsibly. 

Just to clear the air, I never said that tkelly was an awesome seller or even that they were a "good" seller.  I didn't even refute that they should be in the terrible sellers thread - I just tried to reassure salutemydick that their money wasn't gone, and that they would get their record.  He just got butthurt because he wanted his record immediately.  

If someone had said "hey, mindovermatter, should I buy from tkelly?"  I would've warned them that it wasn't the smoothest transaction that I have ever had, and that the communication was poor, but I ultimately got a record that I was looking for at a fair price and that it was packaged/shipped well.

Just to clear the air, I never said that tkelly was an awesome seller or even that they were a "good" seller.  I didn't even refute that they should be in the terrible sellers thread - I just tried to reassure salutemydick that their money wasn't gone, and that they would get their record.  He just got butthurt because he wanted his record immediately.  

If someone had said "hey, mindovermatter, should I buy from tkelly?"  I would've warned them that it wasn't the smoothest transaction that I have ever had, and that the communication was poor, but I ultimately got a record that I was looking for at a fair price and that it was packaged/shipped well.

ahah salutemydick? you're 29!?? let me guess.. you're going to use a "your mom" joke next? salutemydick didn't get butthurt because he wanted it immediately. either you have poor reading comprehension, or you're just plain stupid. my issue was with his poor communication, which led to suspicion. other people obviously picked up on it. why couldn't you?

Can we start moving internet beef to PMs rather than in the threads?

All of this is so pointless. You dummies didn't even deal with each other, quit trying to get the last word in and realize you both look childish and move on. 

And can we please find a new saying, I fuckin' hate butt hurt.

mindovermatter, please give it a rest already. Just move on and be a man.

The saluteyourshorts guy had a legitimate gripe, plain and simple. There's no excuse for using the board but neglecting to respond to messages from someone you took money from. If there's a shipping delay, just let the buyer know and all this could have been avoided.

I was HONESTLY trying to help. Read my first two comments. I told of my experiences (after it was asked if anyone had ever traded with this person) and then suggested to just be patient. Then I got flamed. My bad - I thought this was all reasonable.

Little did I know that somehow I would end up being the bad guy in this situation since I wasn't even involved!

the only thing i didnt like about the whole thing is austin was literally trying to be helpful and then saluteyourshorts got all personal and started trying to gripe on austin as much as he could, even on some things that were childish and didnt even make sense. post the gif on your dell desktop computer....wat? is that supposed to upset someone?

I was HONESTLY trying to help. Read my first two comments. I told of my experiences (after it was asked if anyone had ever traded with this person) and then suggested to just be patient. Then I got flamed. My bad - I thought this was all reasonable.

Little did I know that somehow I would end up being the bad guy in this situation since I wasn't even involved!

Just please move on.  Regardless of whatever your first two comments were, I objectively read 4-5 comments in a row where you were being a dick. You finally topped it off with a decent post but just had to call him "Saluteyourdick" in the middle of it. Some of us come here for actual information on buyers/sellers and we don't care whether or not this dude would last in the 90s when it's now 2013. 

You don't have to keep trying to explain the situation...we all read it. Just please PM the dude if you two are still having issues.

I'm sure we would have all enjoyed the gif though.

You're not a "bad guy" over this. I would just say it's best to move on. The other guy is always gonna have a response if this keeps going so it's just pointless. But yeah, you're not the bad guy here and you seem to be a pretty cool member of this board from the few threads we've posted in together.