Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Yeah I'd say wait before calling him out.

I'd say it's reasonably likely that he shipped Media Mail and forgot to add Tracking and just didn't want to say so.  I know after the change to USPS shipping I've accidentally forgotten to add tracking once or twice.

I'd say give it at least a week from when he said he shipped.  If you want though I'm sure a few of the people who frequent the Terrible Traders thread would be good at dropping a PM to and seeing if your trading partners Screen Name or Address ring any alarm bells.

Yeah I'd say wait before calling him out.

I'd say it's reasonably likely that he shipped Media Mail and forgot to add Tracking and just didn't want to say so. I know after the change to USPS shipping I've accidentally forgotten to add tracking once or twice.

I'd say give it at least a week from when he said he shipped. If you want though I'm sure a few of the people who frequent the Terrible Traders thread would be good at dropping a PM to and seeing if your trading partners Screen Name or Address ring any alarm bells.

Yeah I'm going to wait for sure, but if anybody wants to know his screen name feel free to message me...

This is going to piggy back off of dronermaloney. As you can see by me being new to the boards. I have been on here looking to build my collection. Everyone has been great until I ran into something that put a red flag up a week ago.

The person was great at communicating during the transaction and working out a price. Once they received my money they have not talked to me since so its been over a week! I have sent PM's and no response :(

When do you think or when its protocal to file a issue with Paypal.

Thanks everyone for the help.

This is going to piggy back off of dronermaloney. As you can see by me being new to the boards. I have been on here looking to build my collection. Everyone has been great until I ran into something that put a red flag up a week ago.

The person was great at communicating during the transaction and working out a price. Once they received my money they have not talked to me since so its been over a week! I have sent PM's and no response :(

You have 45 days from the date you paid. Be patient. If you get no responses and no record by the 45th day, file claim

No one likes to bombarded by PMs.  I'd say wait a bit over 2 weeks and if you haven't gotten the records start trying to PM them.  One of the reasons people like selling on a board like this is that there is "less pressure" to get things shipped out immediately.  I'll say in my experience I've always had amazing sellers who get things out within a day or two.

But like I said give it a about 2 and a half weeks from the purchase point then just message him / her.  This early on the words "Paypal" and "claim" shouldn't even be in your vocabulary.  Once you reach a month or so then message him about filing a paypal claim and give him about a week.  After that file the claim.

I would offer one piece of advice along to any of the new buyers on here.  Make sure and mention having them add tracking info and politely ask for a copy of it within a couple days of shipping.  I'd also say it would be good manners to include an extra dollar to cover the cost of Media Mail Tracking.  If you are explicitly paying them for the service they should be more than willing to make sure and message you with the tracking number.

I know I'm not the first to complain in this thread, but selling stuff on here recently sucks. Too many people claiming they wanna buy stuff and giving the "I'll send you the money tonight/tomorrow/whenever" and never coming through. You hold the albums a little longer in hopes they just ran into some problems and still nothing. Try to PM them only to be ignored when you can see they've posted shit recently trying to buy stuff in other threads. I miss the old boards because everyone I dealt with came through and now all these n00bz (for lack of a better word) are killing it. I'd rather just put shit up on ebay and go through that hassle instead of deal with flakey people.

i just remembered about the time i sold tickets to someone because everyone i was going to go with backed out.  got this the next day,

"Hey Kevin,

I tried to take my girlfriend to the concert  and ended up sitting in traffic for over three hours. It got so bad we ended up turning around and didn't go to the concert. Needless to say we were pretty disappointed. Is there any way you'd consider a full or partial refund? To make you feel better about it I'd donate that money to an alzheimers research charity in your name and send you the receipt.

-Isaac"

Because traffic is my fault and because if I choose to give the money to charity, I can't do it myself for some reason?

i just remembered about the time i sold tickets to someone because everyone i was going to go with backed out.  got this the next day,

"Hey Kevin,

I tried to take my girlfriend to the concert  and ended up sitting in traffic for over three hours. It got so bad we ended up turning around and didn't go to the concert. Needless to say we were pretty disappointed. Is there any way you'd consider a full or partial refund? To make you feel better about it I'd donate that money to an alzheimers research charity in your name and send you the receipt.

-Isaac"

Because traffic is my fault and because if I choose to give the money to charity, I can't do it myself for some reason?

Haha, that's hilarious. How'd you respond?

Haha, that's hilarious. How'd you respond?

this was last october and i never responded....

.....up until 10 minutes ago

"HOPE YOU HAD FUN AT THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Hey Kevin,

-Isaac"

That is some serious fucking chuzpah.

Guest tms2787

Going back to edgecorekid I sent an e-Mail to that address and the person responding also claimed to be his Father and that he would refund whatever else needed to be if PayPal didn't. So whoever got scammed - hit that e-Mail!

he is 20 (way too old to be having his mommy and daddy taking care of his problems) 

if you guys actually believe what he is telling you. he could easily put in any age he wants in his profile. he could respond to emails any way he wants. wouldnt surprise me if he came up with the "this is his dad" story to make things seem more believable and to get people of his back. can't put anything past people who lie, cheat and steal. but it seems people are actually getting their money back. time will tell if the records he owes people actually get received though.

Does anyone know if asolis58 is a good seller? I bought Sound of Silver from him over a week ago now and I messaged him (granted he hasn't been on since I messaged him) and I still haven't gotten it. He said he would send it out asap when i sent the money and just still nada? Help?

Dude has 9 posts. I doubt you are going to get a lot of feedback on him. Definitely jumping the gun taking this here after less than 2 weeks. 

Sometimes people visit this board only to sell but not everyday. I've done that on PPMB -- people send me money, I have their address via the paypal message, and I don't sign on again for a while.

So just chill for right now. Hopefully you didn't send as a gift to a dude with 9 posts. As long as you didn't, plenty of time to take action and you are guaranteed one of your money back or the record.

Guest jpsports2

Anyone ever buy anything from an Alan Godlewicz?

His eBay handle is satansdisciple72. He's from New York, I think the Bronx.

bronx ny is pretty close to my birthplace but i do not know him but that was the cutest comment ever