Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Nah it wasn't a gift it was a regular payment and I'm not so much freaking out as seeing if anyone had any knowledge on him.

You really have no room to even start complaining and you should edit his name out of the other post you made (only put it back if he actually does fuck you over). No reason his name should be in the "terrible" thread over you being inpatient. So tired of hearing people moan about shit after only a week. 

Do NOT buy from spoiledliver

Purchased Mock Orange - "The Record Play" and Mock Orange/Borgo split 7" for $50.

First off shipping took 2 1/2 weeks but he was nice enough to let me know that he is usually slow shipping. 

Record was shipped in THE WORST "mailer" i have ever seen. 2 pieces of cardboard taped together. Dude was nice enough to include a 3rd piece of cardboard the size of a seven inch to protect the records i guess. 

image-3.jpeg

so I open up the package and the record looks like...

image-7.jpeg

No heads up from the spoiledliver that this record was sitting under his couch for the last decade. Not even the slightest indication that the record was in this bad of shape. I've never bought a record off of this site that has had anymore damage than slight corner smashing from initial shipping. When dropping $50 on this record and a 7", you would expect NM right? Apparently, I should've asked for pictures.

When I notified spoiledliver about the condition of the record he said the record had "slight sleeve wear but thats about it" and that I should've asked for pictures before purchasing. Ask thefinalsound if he agrees with this. 

spoiledliver did say that he would refund my money if I sent back the records to him. Tried to reach an agreement to keep the split and send back the record play but couldn't reach an agreement. I asked him to send the money first / he said no and replied:

spoiledliver

Thrift Store 7"

View Collection
View My Sale/Trade List

Sent Today, 12:09 AM

Nope. Send them back first and you will be refunded, I am not going to rip you off if that's what you're thinking. And if they arrive in a very shitty conditon then you will receive them back and I will keep the money. This ain't fucking eBay.

and....

spoiledliver

Thrift Store 7"

View Collection
View My Sale/Trade List

Sent Today, 10:19 AM

Oh and if my mailer was so crappy and if you so happen to have a very handy mailer on ya that would be nice of you. I want this back in the condition it was received, so preserve it as best as possible please. This might help you more than just trying to be a dick because you can't have your way. Thanks. 

After All this I decided to bite the bullet and keep the record. I have lost $/items from returns gone wrong and wasn't about to trust a guy like this. 

I ended up emailing a guy who had complained about this guy too and he had the same exact story to tell. 

If you search spoiledliver in this topic.. the same story comes up from 2 different dudes. 

Dont waste your time on this fool

Wow, what an asshole.  "Oh and if my mailer was so crappy and if you so happen to have a very handy mailer on ya that would be nice of you"  WTF? If you don't have a legit mailer, a la the "How to Pack a Record" thread, you shouldn't be selling records on here, period.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure not to buy from this douche

"This ain't fuckin eBay"

You really have no room to even start complaining and you should edit his name out of the other post you made (only put it back if he actually does fuck you over). No reason his name should be in the "terrible" thread over you being inpatient. So tired of hearing people moan about shit after only a week. 

It's been two weeks and not a word from him and no record. Sorry for me being worried about trying to get information about a seller.

Yeah all you folks can believe what you want and call me whatever you fucking want but that dude coopadoop just couldn't have his way and thats why he is leaving negative feedback and bashing me in the forum. Sure those comments I made make me seem like a big time asshole and believe me I was pissed and he had every reason to be pissed too about the condition of the record... honestly some sleeve wear is no biggie for me but for some people it is and thats totally cool and all. But I was trying to work with the guy. Offered a FULL refund AND cover shipping in return for the records... he didn't agree. Then he wanted me to send him 15 bucks and 'he'd be happy' but I did not agree because he offered 50 for both records and obviously after talking with him we had our differences on the value of each record... essentially I would just be letting him keep that 7" for HIS value which I'm sure is high because he tried claiming the Record Play is worth 75+. So last chance I offered to refund $25 and he keep the split and he still did not agree. That mailer might have been just cardboard but I secured that record as best as I could and taped it several times. I had NO mailers so I had to resort to using cardboard because I didn't want to keep the dude waiting. Before Christmas I did over 20 transactions and sent some of those records just in cardboard and did not have a single issue with any buyer except one. He sent the record back and got refunded. So yeah, I guess everyone just believe this guy and call me every fucking thing you possibly can. If I really wanted to rip him off I could have just kept the money and ignored him but I wouldn't do that and I didn't. I seriously tried working with this guy and we couldn't come to an agreement. That's really all it is to it regardless of what the issue was to begin with. I also threw in a free record for the wait time. Is that asshole-like?

Yeah all you folks can believe what you want and call me whatever you fucking want but that dude coopadoop just couldn't have his way and thats why he is leaving negative feedback and bashing me in the forum. Sure those comments I made make me seem like a big time asshole and believe me I was pissed and he had every reason to be pissed too about the condition of the record... honestly some sleeve wear is no biggie for me but for some people it is and thats totally cool and all. But I was trying to work with the guy. Offered a FULL refund AND cover shipping in return for the records... he didn't agree. Then he wanted me to send him 15 bucks and 'he'd be happy' but I did not agree because he offered 50 for both records and obviously after talking with him we had our differences on the value of each record... essentially I would just be letting him keep that 7" for HIS value which I'm sure is high because he tried claiming the Record Play is worth 75+. So last chance I offered to refund $25 and he keep the split and he still did not agree. That mailer might have been just cardboard but I secured that record as best as I could and taped it several times. I had NO mailers so I had to resort to using cardboard because I didn't want to keep the dude waiting. Before Christmas I did over 20 transactions and sent some of those records just in cardboard and did not have a single issue with any buyer except one. He sent the record back and got refunded. So yeah, I guess everyone just believe this guy and call me every fucking thing you possibly can. If I really wanted to rip him off I could have just kept the money and ignored him but I wouldn't do that and I didn't. I seriously tried working with this guy and we couldn't come to an agreement. That's really all it is to it regardless of what the issue was to begin with. I also threw in a free record for the wait time. Is that asshole-like?

a couple things

1. You say you did 20 transactions before Christmas...where's all your feedback at for those 20 transactions? Even if it's not on here, give a link to wherever these so called transactions took place

2. Read the "how to pack a record" thread and learn. I'm sure the guy wouldn't have minded waiting had you just told him you didn't have any mailers at the time.

3. I Refuse to believe that even if you DID sell 20 things and sent them all out using the same method you sent this guy that not a single one was damaged

4.  you suck.

You did offer him a refund but you were a total sketch about it...that combined with your packaging definitely makes it appropriate to give buyers an appropriate warning.

Send them back first and you will be refunded, I am not going to rip

you off if that's what you're thinking. And if they arrive in a very

shitty conditon then you will receive them back and I will keep the

money. This ain't fucking eBay.

This is what makes you look like a turd and why i will never trade with you

I highly doubt coop was trying to fuck you over.  I've worked with him on a sale and he's 100% legit.  That post just makes you seem even more asshole-ish, to be honest.  Don't drag a good dude's name through the mud like that just to try to save your own ass.

a couple things

1. You say you did 20 transactions before Christmas...where's all your feedback at for those 20 transactions? Even if it's not on here, give a link to wherever these so called transactions took place

2. Read the "how to pack a record" thread and learn. I'm sure the guy wouldn't have minded waiting had you just told him you didn't have any mailers at the time.

3. I Refuse to believe that even if you DID sell 20 things and sent them all out using the same method you sent this guy that not a single one was damaged

4.  you suck.

1. Thats a good question but I can ask those people to vouch in this thread if you need 'proof'. I guess people are just too lazy to leave feedback?

2. I know how to pack a record, I don't need an instructional thread to show me how to fold a mailer and tape it off, I've been trading and selling records for years. I had mailers but ran out like everyone does at some point. 

3. I did not say ALL of them were sent that method, I would say probably half or close to half. It is not my preferred method but I have been sending records like that for years when I ran out of proper mailers and no complaints up until just a couple months ago. No shit. 

4. Thanks. 

Send them back first and you will be refunded, I am not going to rip

you off if that's what you're thinking. And if they arrive in a very

shitty conditon then you will receive them back and I will keep the

money. This ain't fucking eBay.

This is what makes you look like a turd and why i will never trade with you

You ever had a bad experience on eBay? Pretty sure a lot of people on here have. This is what this was turning into... a buyer doing anything he can to get over on a seller. I was being fair and offered 3 solutions, all of which were declined. 

^^ as tellallyourfriends said, It was all about your response. You sent a crappy mailer then when he wanted to send it back you threateningly implied that he has to use a better mailer than the one you supplied or else you would keep the money. Shit just ain't right.

The fact that out of 20+ transactions no one decided to leave you feedback and the ones who did you're 0/2, should be taken as some sort of sign.

Good riddance.

^^ as tellallyourfriends said, It was all about your response. You sent a crappy mailer then when he wanted to send it back you threateningly implied that he has to use a better mailer than the one you supplied or else you would keep the money. Shit just ain't right.

The fact that out of 20+ transactions no one decided to leave you feedback and the ones who did you're 0/2, should be taken as some sort of sign.

Good riddance.

We all need to be better with the feedback system...

It's a good addition to the site but we don't use it very often

Good riddance.

Ya know dude, you need to think about it on both sides before passing judgement. Just because my name is all over this thread now doesn't mean I'm 100% in the fucking wrong. He was basically saying he didn't give a fuck how it arrived back to me as long as he got his cash back, you can tell by the words he typed in a message he sent me... maybe me using the word 'better' made it seem threateningly but I wasn't threatening anyone. I just want my shit back in one piece. If you're not cool with the condition, fine, send it back and you will be refunded. If you send an item to someone and they do not like the condition (item is still usable and valuable to someone) then you want it back unbroken or in worse condition than as it arrived. The mailer had nothing to do with the condition and that sleeve really only has ring wear. 

Thank you. I leave feedback but does that mean I'm going to get same in return? No. But a feedback system should never be abused either. I'm not a sketchy dude at all even though these posts are turning me into this vinyl trading monster. It's fucking ridiculous. 

Or maybe it's that people who receive VG grade records in between two flimsy pieces of cardboard don't want to give positive feedback...

I dunno, I sold about 20-30 records recently and almost every single buyer went out of the way to leave feedback

Ya know dude, you need to think about it on both sides before passing judgement. Just because my name is all over this thread now doesn't mean I'm 100% in the fucking wrong. He was basically saying he didn't give a fuck how it arrived back to me as long as he got his cash back, you can tell by the words he typed in a message he sent me... maybe me using the word 'better' made it seem threateningly but I wasn't threatening anyone. I just want my shit back in one piece. If you're not cool with the condition, fine, send it back and you will be refunded. If you send an item to someone and they do not like the condition (item is still usable and valuable to someone) then you want it back unbroken or in worse condition than as it arrived. The mailer had nothing to do with the condition and that sleeve really only has ring wear. 

The golden rule: treat others how you would like to be treated. do you want people sending you records between two pieces of cardboard?