Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

beardxcore messaged me the other day offering me a record I had been posting about wanting (it's also in my sig). He accepted my first monetary offer and immediately asked me to send the money as a gift. But then I asked if he could verify himself with a discogs/eBay account with good feedback, or of he could at least send me some photos of the record. After I sent that message he stopped replying to my messages.

I sent him another message a day later asking him if he was going to send the photos. At that point he replied and had a story about how he had gotten a bigger paycheck than he expected and had decided to hang on to the record.

I didn't think TOO much of it, but apparently he's ripped people off under another name? What's the story?

beardxcore messaged me the other day offering me a record I had been posting about wanting (it's also in my sig). He accepted my first monetary offer and immediately asked me to send the money as a gift. But then I asked if he could verify himself with a discogs/eBay account with good feedback, or of he could at least send me some photos of the record. After I sent that message he stopped replying to my messages.

I sent him another message a day later asking him if he was going to send the photos. At that point he replied and had a story about how he had gotten a bigger paycheck than he expected and had decided to hang on to the record.

I didn't think TOO much of it, but apparently he's ripped people off under another name? What's the story?

Go back about 10 pages or so and read through it. Edgecorekid was his other name

almost bought a record from him last week. really glad i didn't.

same here, but for whatever reason i backed out. glad i did.

before all this happened here with edgecorekid i actually traded with him on deadformat. the transaction went smoothly and he shipped quickly and everything. then i see him being called out for all this shit. i guess i got lucky? i just found it strange.

I thought it was a little too easy to be true. I mean, I paid him a fair price for the record, but it was a little skeptical that he was just so easy and willing. Kinda tipped me off that I better play it safe and throw in a few extra bucks and pay normal instead as a gift. Glad I did.

He just sent me a tracking number - so we shall see. It doesn't show up on the USPS web site - but I'll check again this weekend and Monday.

• I bought a couple things from beardxcore paid the fees and he sent me a tracking number on the 22nd of june and the usps website says
  • Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

Mine says the same thing. I think you can call the usps and tell them you're tracking number and they should be able to tell you something. If they can't find it then this guys in more trouble than he already is.